have you heard of iBOOD ?

One item on offer per day

here's today's offer if anyone's interested

geoff

I hadn't heard of them - just had a quick shufti on the site: are they any good in general? worth signing up to?

Reply to
Lobster

ONly heard of them a couple of days ago

bought one of these

'll see how it goes

probably worth at least keeping an eye out for what they do over the next few weeks

Reply to
geoff

In article , geoff writes

places seem to have it for 140quid or so.

My only concern is the fact that they're Dutch so no UK consumer rights and the delivery charges might be a bit steep for cheaper items but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the site, thanks for the link.

A bit like scan.co.uk's today only page for computery bits:

see what they have this w/e, the A.C.Ryan ACR-PV73200 media player, apparently similar to your, based on the realtek chipset but yours has a better user i/f and space for an internal HDD, not bad at £88.10 inc post though.

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

£105.95 IIRC

Reply to
geoff

Also a reported lack of proper 3-Pin plugs on power supplies (3-Pin adapters supplied)

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , geoff writes

That is quite a saving so it may be worth going self insured.

I am generally wary of offshore traders, particularly avoiding tax haven supplier for moderate or high value items but for some reason I view Dutch sellers as less of a threat, not sure why.

For no particular reason other than the offshore location I have tended to avoid Pixmania.

Reply to
fred

Good point although I've had that on gear from BT/dabs which, as it happens, got rejected for a different reason.

Reply to
fred