Toolstation Valentines offer

I see Toolstation have a Valentines Day offer of ear defenders. Is this to protect us from an ear bashing when we have forgotten to treat the one we love? Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Last year I bought her a USB socket as a Valentines present.

Her present this year is me fitting the socket:-)

Reply to
ARW

Adam you really know how to spoil her :)

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

This reminds me of a story some years back when a company hit upon the 'great' idea of calling their sale the Valentines day price massacre, and made a commercial with gangster sounding voices with machine gun sounds punctuating the sample Sale items available. People complained to the ASA and it was taken off. OK, it was perhaps a little insensitive but I've seen and heard worse in comedy shows back in the 70s. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bought her some flowers last week. All she said was "What have you done wrong?"

Reply to
ARW

I must be naive, because I believed you. Sadly, I can't find the offer on their website.

Nice joke, though. :)

Reply to
GB

"Trick No. 1" - buy her flowers *for no reason*, early on. The linkage is broken that way ;-)

J^n

Reply to
jkn

It's not a joke

"Wear protection this Valentine's"

I found it at

ARW

Thanks.

Hmm. What do I need to spend £100 on?

Reply to
GB

Power tools (I suggest an angle grinder), USB sockets, LED lamps and ear defenders.

Reply to
ARW

Quite tempted to get this for DW:

It's nice and light, plus well balanced for her to use.

That's not quite the full £100, so I'll invest in some PPE for myself to wear during the romantic hand-over ceremony.

Reply to
GB

Then you're tied to doing it for life. ##"You don't buy me flowers any more"##

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

TBH they are cheap enough at Aldi. And I have to buy cat food there as the cat will not eat any other brand.

Reply to
ARW

It will if it gets hungry enough.

Reply to
harry

... and I forgot to get anything at all, not even a card ...

Though she's more bothered about her cold.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I have fitted it in the wrong place.

It was supposed [1] to replace the socket on the LHS of the cooker and I installed it at the socket on the RHS of the cooker.

[1] According to her
Reply to
ARW

Might come in handy for when you're in the company of ardent and incorrigible Remoaners.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom