Lidl offer

They have a 18v Li-ion SDS drill next Thursday for 70 quid. Three year maker's warranty. Doesn't say if it has a rotation stop - I'd guess not. Uses hex drills plus an adaptor for non SDS which may be a disadvantage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

also only one batt? & no mention of how big it is (Ah)....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Why is it that the power tools industry highlights the voltage, and by implication the number of cells, rather than the Ah capacity?

Am I missing some point somewhere?

Reply to
Graham.

Lidl tend to be pretty poor on their technical descriptions. Luckily, the tools themselves are usually very good - especially given the price. And provided you keep the receipt can always be taken back for a re-fund if they prove unsatisfactory. Not that I ever have done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Because the torque of a DC motor depends on the current you can get through it, which in turn depends on the voltage that you put across it - not the Ah capacity of the battery.

Reply to
mick

From the French site:-

Mandrin ? serrage rapide gr?ce au syst*me SDS-Plus Indicateur de charge Technologie lithium-ions : aucun effet m?moire, auto-d?charge faible, forte puissance constante, forme compacte Chargeur rapide 60 min

0Ð300 / 0Ð900 trs/min 18 V / 1500 mAh Dont 0.16 Û de contribution recyclage

John M

Reply to
JTM

Tres bon! So lickle 1.5Ah li ion batt, slow charger - could be a frustrating combo?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Nothing stopping you paying several times the price for a twin battery unit from a well known name.

But for DIY, it might well be perfectly suitable, as is a one hour charger.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can't see what any of them are hiding, as the voltage and the Ah is quoted by most / all of the main players (certainly all my cordless Bosch and Makita tools are very clearly marked)

Reply to
The Other Mike