cleaning upvc frames

our house was recently rendered and painted with exterior masonry paint,the upvc frames in a brown grain finish became splattered with paint which we cannot shift,in trying to clean them we have "dulled " the upvc shine,is there a way of removing the paint without this and is there anyway of restoring the finish with say a fine rubbing compound,thanks in advance
TXXT123 wrote:

HI TX,
If this job was carried out by a company, get them back to sort the problem out because as you have already found out, you are damaging the plastic in trying to "clean it up" and the cause may be down to the negligence of the company in not properly protecting the windows during the works.
You could try and use a cream specifically for cleaning UPVC - this can ususlly be purchased from a local builders merchant or UPVC frame supplier or a household cleaning cream such as Cif.
Brian