Cleaning UPVC double glazed window frames?

Hi,
This may not be the right group for cleaning related issues but maybe just maybe...
The kitchen window frame /UPVC/ in the hose I just bought has not been cleaned for years /gone yellow and sticky/. I think this is the last "original feature" left after refurbishment work. I would like to know what is the best method of cleaning the frame without damaging it? Thanks in advance Rafal

Buy some UPVC cleaner. Available most DIY places.
To keep nice and to polish use a VERY SMALL amount of silicone polish.
Thanks a lot, out shopping now

Rafal wrote in message ...

I'd try white spirit, which doesn't usually attack plastics.
stuart noble wrote:

UPVC cleaner is available for 2.99 from your local Betterware agent :)
I know.. I've just got some and it works a treat :)

My architect says use Jif (or is it Cif) on it!
Alec
Cif will scratch it

We use cream cleaner designed for plastic baths. Doesn't seem to do any harm.