Exterior house color and insects

Hello, We live in Sw Idaho where it's hot and dry. Our house is painted a very light yellow, and it seems to attract lots of bugs; yellow jacket nest, spiders, flies, and THOUSANDS of cutter bees swarm around the top of the house when it's hot outside. I have heard that yellow attracts bugs - is this true? We need to get the house repainted. We are sick of the yellow and want a change, but want to avoid darker colors as it would make it heat up too much (Idaho has more sunny days than Florida and we don't have much shade).

Can anybody shed any light on this topic?

thanks, Casey

Reply to
Casey Renninger