Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

...our resident clown shows his class riden snotty uniness ...

Damnit, another pandora box is open. This thread will never end!
F.

Already exists. There are many laws covering child negligence. Smoking isn't considered negligence. Doing drugs is.
Again, back out with the two wrongs theories we know you love so much, there are many other ways to fsck up your children. Not spending time with them, treating them badly (but not abuse), letting them watch/play inappropriate media etc. Should we pass laws in those cases?
F.

That's the point!!! Smoking in front of kids IS negligence.

No, it's irresponsible. Big difference.
F./

It is both!

Christian McArdle wrote in message

have so little of these days. Too busy shopping.

Actually, the worst form of child abuse is sexually assaulting them, torturing them for long periods and then killing them, whilst filming it all for sale.
Christian.

Too busy watching Eastenders more like. A TV program should never preempt your children, but most "parents" do it every night.
F.

It is. It's doors are open to the public.

You are right. Do what you like when it doesn't interfere with others.

You don't need to inhale toxic fumes to know the effects.

They do not. They bring misery.

I am not insulting.

The public inhaling toxic fumes against their will is not opinion. It is FACT.

The packs look glamorous enough.

Lots of them. Most I meet say it does no harm at all. They co,me out with crap like "my granddad chain smoked until her was 90 and was never sick", which is garbage. The addiction takes over their minds.

What are you addicted to, then?
--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

Dave Plowman wrote:

Marxism, classism, and beer probably.
I think the bran damage is partly congenital, and partly solvent abuse, and probably partly self abuse.

..our clowns are at it again...

No.
classism,
No.
and beer probably.
No. I very rarely drink beer, just top quality wines. Well I would being suave.
...and Last of The Sumers Wine humour abounds....

Sad I know.

IMM wrote:

we feel for you. Really, we do. Especially since you lied about the classism.

...and he goes on...

You are the one who want a privileged class system not me.

IMM wrote:

No I don't. You do, so you can feel resentful about it.

...our resident snotty uni clown goes on....

You want a system clearly favouring, and giving privilidge to, a select strata of society. That is clear, you always defend it.

Hmm, looking out the window, my local is shut now.

Are you even aware of the hypocrisy in that statement, given your views on smoking in bars? You want to interfere with my freedom, chump. If we were in a pub discussing this, I'd gladly chain smoke, despite the increased risk, just to wind you up.

Oh really? How d'ya figure?

So do soap operas and self-hatred over not being one of the beautiful people? Ban TV then?

You are insulting our intelligence. Any point that you can't counter gets ignored or you write something stupid.

No one is forcing you into the pub. If we held you there at gunpoint, then maybe...

You are kiding, right? At least 50% of it is large print death warnings.
Dammit. I gotta quote Mr Hicks now...
"Did you know different cigarette brands have different warning labels on them? Mine for example says: 'cigarette smoking can cause birth defects and low birth weight.' F*ck it...found my brand! What does yours say there chief? 'Throat polyps?' Tell ya what you keep that one."

Fact: Smoking is not guaranteed to kill you. It _probably_ will though, provided something else doesn't get you in the mean time.
None of us gonna live for ever. I plan on enjoying my time here.

You are quite funny, in an eccentric way!! :-)
F.

..an addicted one says...

..he must be the only one who sees hypocrisy.

What freedom might that be? So,me [people think they should have the right to smack people with sticks in the street for no apparent reason. We forbid that freedom to them and some of them complain.

You can't wind me up as I am brighter than you. Blow smoke in my face and you will get either a) A full pint in your face b) a sharp headbut. That would probably sort you out.

..or addicted one tries some reasoning..

....but fails...

...but he tries again...

That is not the point. I have the right to go into any public place and not have my health affected. Your addiction warpes and reasoning you have.
.....lo-and-behold, has he seen the light?....

You don't know me, so how can you even suggest that? You doing so implies the opposite. In a battle of wits, based on your discussions so far, I'd beat you hands down. But, I'm not going to get into this arguement, short of an IQ test in exam-conditions, it's never going to go anywhere.
And just try to pick a fight. Seriously. I love it when usenet gets to that level, not much else on the planet is as funny. Makes me feel as if I'm in primary school again.
By the way, where I come from, the full pint in the face is usually followed by the glass. ;-) Dangerous ground my friend.... ;-)

I like your style. You have the makings of a good politician, able to fight an argument not on basis of fact, but by trying to appear wittier or smarter than your opponent. Not that it's an admirable trait generally, but it makes things interesting.

Nope. We are discussing passive smoking. Big difference. Passive smoking _probably_won't_ kill you.
F.