Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

When I were a lad, the local lads used to make huge profits buying dope and bartering it for duty free whisky on the US airbases.

Boy them flyboys get high, don't they?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its called a bouncer :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There should be free everything, no work, and no need to listen to your drivel.

Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, you are not God, and cannot make it thus. Nor can any government, so grow up and stop whiffling out of your anal cavity.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

..he does write the scripts for last of the summers wine.

Reply to
IMM

No, you don't. That is your funadmental mistkae. You have absolutely no right to anything at all.

If peple want to have a smoke free world,. they can club toher and buy air filtration and live in each others farts. Simple as that.

God you are thick.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Our resident fool...is having a go now...

..sad isn't it. And he continues...

...and wasn't that good?

Reply to
IMM

Our resident ng fool interjects...

..well he is right to an extent. I certainly don't have the freedom to breath non-toxic air in public places.

..and he says.....

...such humour and wit. What would we do without him? ...and he goes on..

...he is a self confessed nicotine addict. Well nice people this is what nicotine does to people. read it all yourself.

Reply to
IMM

Sounds like you've not ever had a decent Xmas, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'd be interested to know where you'd find a public building that *isn't* non smoking. Or, indeed, just about every private one where the public have access, like shops, theatres, cinemas, etc.

The exception is of course most pubs and some restaurants. So I'd suggest you patronize the ones who have a smoking ban like McDonalds, etc. You'll live far longer - or it will certainly seem longer...

My local has a non smoking bar - and arguably the nicest bar out of the three. But it's also the least used - so much so that it shares a barperson with one of the others.

If non smokers actively want non smoking bars then they should patronise those that are *regularly* to make them viable. But, of course, the vocal minority just want to have something to complain about.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

But IMM, Smokers ARE the Public.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

During Cromwell's protectorate actually.

and it just drove the evil practice

Yes. Nothing like distracting IMM pleb type clones away from real issues and rela failure and corruption in government, and focussing their tiny minds on their neighbours.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, it kills them instead. Look at road traffic accident statistics around christmas, look at domestic violence staistics, and just attend the average mother in law infested christmas.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nope. Smokers are a minority.

And the Dunblane gun grab demonstrated quite ably what happens to minorities with percieved antisocial habits. Their rights are ignored.

Reply to
Huge

...and he says....

We should all be dead then, using this logic.

Reply to
IMM

...and more wisdom from our resident snotty uni type...

...and of course total and utter incoherent babble...

Reply to
IMM

A common sense and totally logical statement...

..and he responds with....

...our resident clown has not realised that most of the public do not smoke. Of course common sense and logic is asking too much here.

Reply to
IMM

That far back eh? Seems parliament actually sat on Xmas Day. Still, I expect they were all pissed, or buggering each other in the toilets. No change there then.

Reply to
stuart noble

Congratulations on this year's most lateral thinking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The 'public' is made up of innumerable minorities, just about all of us are members of some minority or other. Just because something is a minority interest/pastime/hobby/addiction it shouldn't therefore be banned.

I'm not taking sides in the smoking discussion though.

Reply to
usenet

If what this minority does impairs the health of others, then they must not come in contact of the greater public when exercising their activity. It is very simple, not complicated at all.

Reply to
IMM