Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

If you take that train of (un)thinking to it's logical conclusion everything would get banned - even water !

Reply to
Jerry.

Clearly earth and I can read clearly too. What I can read is the word "polls" up there. Have a look it is still there. Scroll up. So, the results of a bang on, up to the minute poll was produced by me. Note the word "poll". A poll is not an election. And then you come out with this unintelligent garbage...

Don't you feel a right prat?

Reply to
IMM

No everything would not. Once again, don't you feel a right prat?

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Why, do you think he's holding your hand or something ?

Reply to
geoff

Unlike you, no.

Reply to
Jerry.

Reply to
Jerry.

Maxie, would I let him hold my hand?

Reply to
IMM

Imm wrote so I snipped most of it

Is it remotely possible that the other 40m smoked.

Reply to
zulu740

Well, the Irish can be a bit pragmatic towards rules and regulations. Smoking on buss was banned some time back but smokers still migrate to the top deck and indulge whilst non smokers stay on the bottom deck. I'm not sure how it works on single deckers but I would imagine the ban is effective in that case

The general feeling on the smoking ban in pubs seems to be that if the general public are in favour of it it will happen. If they are apathetic it won't work.

As an ex smoker, ex drinker (sad git ), I personally would not be in favour of the ban, but really think it is inevitable, as smoking gets such bad press now-a days. I think it's disgraceful that smokers are forced to huddle in small groups outside office blocks in order to indulge their habit.

Intel have a manufacturing plant juts outside Dublin where smoking is banned ANYWHERE on the property, even in your own car !

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Could that be because there are hazardous and flammable chemicals around? Certainly the semiconductor industry does use quite a lot of unpleasant stuff. At oil refineries and various chemical plants that I have visited you have to hand in all smoking materials, cell phones etc. at the gate.

It could also be because Intel is largely a California based corporation. Some years ago they got into big trouble after it was discovered that leakage and disposal from some of their plants had polluted the groundwater table in one area of Silicon Valley. This could be a reaction to that, although I rather suspect as a high profile company with deep pockets, they are simply seeking to protect themselves from any possibility of litigation.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Don't be. Since smoking is not just a habit of the post boy, such meetings are frequently better for career advancement than the masons...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

message

Or have a life and don't bother with polls on Minority TV channels?

Reply to
Frisket

The 'Poll' was on Channel 4 news, not Sky News, hardly a Minority TV channel !...

Think about it :~)

Reply to
Jerry.

Water is a terrifying drug. Check this:

you enjoy it. You'd better, took me 10 minutes to google for it! Seems to have been updated since I first read it though. The choice bits are the quotes at the end.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

Once again, out with the insults rather than discussion.

Again. You really can't argue worth shit. This either means you are very old to usenet (and know the tricks), or you are new and stupid.

I think you mean exit poll, and that's a completely different kettle of fish. The people you are polling are the voters directly, not just a subset that happen to go shopping on a Saturday, or be welcoming telephone polls at

6pm. You get them as they leave the booths. An entirely different thing to street or phone polls.

Of course, there are still going to be a few inaccuracies in exit polls, as some folk won't participate in it, or be willing to share who they voted for. Generally folk don't care.

If you still think polls are useful, then you are a fool.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

Yeah, of the people who bothered to vote. It's fairly safe to say that the "don't really care about it" people made up most of the several million viewers that didn't phone it it. People passionate enough to phone in fall into two groups, those for the ban, and smokers against it.

You've never studied statistics, and it shows.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

"stuart noble" >filters that clean smoke out of the air?

I've seen some good ones out there. The heating isn't an issue, as they filter the air, not vent it to outside. Smoke particles can be removed relatively easily, they are much larger that normal molecules in air.

One company I worked in had an internal smoking room (no window) that had something like this. I still went outside though, smoke rooms in offices are dank and usually full of people depressed that their break is about to end!

Finally!! A new use for babies gas masks from WW2!!

As far as I can see, his only problem is a chip on his sholder. Not hugged as child perhaps? ;-)

F.

Reply to
Fraser

Smoking in China is hugely popular, much moreso that Europe or North America. And China is nothing that it's made out to be by western "anti-commie" propaganda.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

He's very good at it though, I'll grant him that. I've seen quite a few trolls on usenet over the years, and he is one of the best.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

No, freedom is the choice to go to these places. Not the ability to stop others from doing so.

Do you get your lessons in what Freedom is from G.W. Bush?

But he already is by serving more than two alcoholic drinks to one person in one sitting. I know, two wrongs and all that, but it's clearly hypocracy.

Did you know, by the way, that bars technically aren't allowed to sell booze to drunk people?

F.

Reply to
Fraser