Rubber seal for Patio screen door

Hi all,

Does anyone know where can I find rubber seal for Patio screen door? I went to Lowe's and Home Depot none of them carry anything like that. What's going on? Do I have to buy the whole Screen Door?

Reply to
pkmicro

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the door?

Are you looking for weather-stripping on the perimeter of the door, the frame, or both?

Or, are you looking for the seal which some doors (like Pella) use to hold the screen into the door frame?

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, You mean spline?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

on 7/22/2008 11:10 PM pkmicro said the following:

Did you ask at the customer service desk? That ( the 'spline'), and rolls of the replacement screen fabric, are a common product sold in most well-stocked hardware stores, including the big box stores, where they are usually sold as a complete, screen, spline, and spline tool kit. If you haven't got one, the spline installing tool is easier to use, and less likely to damage anything, unlike using a screwdriver or other improvised method. You might call around to your local hardware stores to see if they sell the splines separately, in case you don't want to buy the whole kit. Splines come in different diameters, so bring a piece of the old spline with you to match it.

Reply to
willshak

on 7/22/2008 11:47 PM willshak said the following:

After reading Tony's response to your question, I may have misunderstood what you were talking about. If so, Sorry. If you meant the weatherstrip seal, you might have to contact the door manufacturer, or find some other weatherstripping that might work.

Reply to
willshak

try here

might be what they call a "flap seal"

Reply to
Reed

Thanks for all the response especially Reed. Thanks for the link to the pictures of the Vinyl Weatherstrip. Mine is kind of look like the one on page 1(WDV 58). I don't know what is the minimum order they required? I went to they website and it says min. order $25.00. I might have to give them a call tomorrow. I wander why most of the local hardware store here do not carry them. I live in San Dimas, California.

pkmicro

on 7/23/2008 5:40 AM pkmicro said the following:

It's probably because there are many door manufacturers, many using proprietary seals and weatherstripping. You're not likely to go into an auto parts store and find car door weatherstripping for your particular car either.

willshak

But they are selling screen door/windows frame, screen and all the other parts for making your own windows and door screen though.

paul

How do you confuse weathersrip seal with the spline used to hold the screen in place on the door...?Or are some of you just acting stupid...?

Reply to
in2-dadark