Blowing Neighbours smell away

It's extraordinary now to think that there was a time (before I took up travelling) when people smoked on planes. A good while back I had a number of British Rail archive films of the 1950s and smoking at your desk seemed to be the norm.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

That was when most people didn't think smoking harmed them. Now the sensible ones have realised the truth and stopped. The ones that continue also don't believe smoking harms others. Not really surprising as there are a lot of fools about.

Reply to
dennis

Farting serves a useful purpose?

The ploy anti smokers always resort to in the end.

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a 'fix'?

I would remind you that smoking is a perfectly legal activity that makes an important contribution to Govmint funds.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I believe that there is link, but I also believe that the increased risk is probably low enough for me to ignore. I cannot however ignore the awful smell, the affect on my eyes and my throat or the smell on my clothes and my hair the next morning.

For two and a half years I was suffering from asthma (still do of course) and pulmonary sarcoidosis (declared clear just over a year ago), yet "friends" still insisted on smoking around me.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Oh dear, oh dear.

Another non smoker unable to support his biased opinion.

Why can't you appreciate that anally retentive, small minded people like you will believe anything that supports your cause?

Many of your habits might well be vile to me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I find it very amusing. Non smokers always said how much they hated pubs because of the smoke. Now they're all non smoking, they're closing in droves...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That does not protect the staff from the effects of smoke which is a requirement. It is a requirement even if the staff are smokers.

If you did have smoking rooms you would have to issue safety gear to staff and make sure they used it.

Reply to
dennis

Your stupidity is simply astounding.

Firstly you say "Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is a personal insult, then you have lost the argument".

Followed by "When you have an IQ lower than your shoe size, it's usually best to keep quiet".

So you have just lost the argument.

Please examine your feet for bullet wounds.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Looking at this from my viewpoint as a smoker. If my neighbours objected to me smoking in my garden I doubt if I would do much about it as I never smoke in the house as I (yip) hate the smell. I also wont smoke in front of non smokers restuarants etc. I would probably smoke at a point further away from the boundry if they approached me in a mannerable way. My neighbours have frequent BBQs which I hate (the smoke/smell) but as its only once or twice a week I just ignore. If a neighbour uses a lot of garlic in food I have major issues as I react badly to the smell, so I hide indoors. Point is we live in close proximity and have to put up with some annoyances, as long as they are not major. Hell we could have a lot worse, I know I have. we are unlikely to have the perfect world/surroundings unless we have the wealth to buy it.

Reply to
SS

That's because the pubs never catered for the non smokers and they all went elsewhere. They lost the best part of a generation of customers who don't see any reason to go to the pub now. There are plenty of other places that did cater for non smokers that have a growing customer base. In this world its adapt or go bust.

Reply to
dennis

Try going a week without a fart. You'll find the reason!

Reply to
<me9

I'm not at all surprised & you have my sympathy. There is no need for you to be subjected to that. We could have 'smoking' and 'non smoking' venues for eating & drinking - then we could both be happy.

Many things trigger asthma attacks, however smoking is not the cause of asthma.

Oh come on. Vegetablists are simply attention seeking fuckwits.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On 28/08/2011 18:58, Bob Eager wrote:

MRD Minimum Required Distribution (qualified retirement plans and IRAs) MRD Metal Raiders (Yu-Gi-Oh cards) MRD Ministry of Rural Development (various countries) MRD Marine Resources Division (various states) MRD Marketing Requirements Document MRD Market Requirements Document MRD Movement for the Restoration of Democracy (Pakistan) MRD Machine-Readable Dictionary MRD Matched Related Donor MRD Mirrodin (game) MRD Mission Requirements Document MRD Motorized Rifle Division MRD Mandatory Removal Date (from military service) MRD Minimum Residual Disease MRD Mandatory Retirement Date MRD Merida, Venezuela - Alberto Carnevalli (Airport Code) MRD Manual Ring-Down MRD Mandatory Release Date MRD Multicystic Renal Dysplasia MRD Marginal Reflex Distance MRD Manufacturing, Retail & Distribution MRD Marketing Research Department MRD Maximum Rank Distance MRD Material Required Date MRD Multicast Routing Debugger MRD Master Requirements Directory MRD Materiel Release Denial MRD Mobile Receive Diversity MRD Maintenance Requirements Determination (Australian government) MRD Multi-Resolution Decomposition MRD Memorandum for Regional Directors (DCAA) MRD Maximum Relative Density (asphalt) MRD Maximum Release Date MRD Minimum Rank Distance MRD Minimum Reacting Dose MRD Maintenance Requirements Document MRD Material Requirements Data MRD Marine Design Center MRD Milestone Review Document MRD Materiel Requirements Document MRD Military Requirements Determination MRD Materiel Redistribution Division MRD Maintenance Reference Documentation MRD Management Resource Database (public defenders database) MRD Master Requirements Document MRD US Army Corps of Engineers, Missouri River Division MRD Material Receipt Date MRD Market Release Date MRD Material Release Document MRD Myst, Riven and D'ni (game series) MRD Medical Renal Diseases

???????

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So, because Forest doesn't support your bias, you denigtare the evidence?

Would you perhaps, in your unbiased view, believe what Action on Smoking & Health said?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What about the freedom of smokers to go into smoke filled rooms?

Or is 'freedom' a one way street?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was not referring to pubs, etc. I was referring to smoking rooms in offices and factories - where no-one who is not going in to smoke need enter at all while smokers are there, only the cleaner at the end of the day, when extraction can have cleared the air.

I should have made myself clearer.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, we have a smoking ban because a fanatical group of anti smokers, backed up by the lobbying of multi national drug companies, forced it through.

Its undemocratic & basd on false evidence.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You miss the point. Could you perhaps list the non smoking performers who haven't died from alleged 'passive smoking' in, say, the last 20 years?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You appear to be confusing me with someone who cares what you think.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On 28/08/2011 23:36, Steve Walker wrote: I have commented that a group of us (mainly non-smokers) used to

Oh come on Steve, get real.

If the majority are non smokers, the smoker goes outside.

I just wish it were the other way around.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman