Re: hypocritical neigbours

In message , gazz writes

Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild pole >based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my motorhome out, > >they didnt put it there to stop me getting my van out it seems, they >put it there so they could tie a rope to it and the wall on the other >side of their drive, and hang a sign saying 'no trick or treaters' off >the rope!!!! > >fair enough i thought when i saw it, not everyone wants kids knocking >on the door all the time demanding sweets, but most people put the sign >on their door,

Round our way, if you are welcoming T or T -ers you put out a pumpkin or somesuch Halloweeny decoration, and the other houses are left alone. Seems to be observed even by the teenagers.

Reply to
chris French

Around my way they'd have drunk the paraffin .....

Reply to
Ash

Do you have to go through the government's new vetting scheme before you can open the door to children T or T ing ???

Reply to
Ash

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:13:45 +0000, chris French had this to say:

Is this pumpkin idea an Americanism? It used to be turnip lanterns when I was young.

It all just seemed (seems!) to be noisy fireworks tonight anyway. Hopefully they'll all be used up by 5 Nov.... Some chance!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That's the best excuse I've heard yet. Must remember it for next year.

Reply to
<me9

We had about 8 groups of well-mannered trick or treaters tonight.

Then someone appears to have sprayed(?) hairspray(?) / paraffin(?) into our large gatepost pumpkin to "blow shit up"(tm). Impressive flare, we saw it from the house, but the pumpkin survived. I'm just hoping that their shellsuit caught light and there's a scorched chav somewhere, face down in the rhene and smouldering slightly.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They wont be out next year ... Gordon Brown will have them all working down the pits to pay of the huge debts he's racked up.

Reply to
Ash

In message , Ash writes

Not if the intent is just to murder them

Reply to
geoff

O Cheers !!!!! Just slurping a nice mouthful of cheap vino when I read your reply and the next second I'm having to clean my monitor of slightly warmed wine!

A bit of warning next time my dear chap.

Reply to
Ash

"blow shit up(tm)" - umm sounds like someone has been killing zombies in COD WAW

Reply to
nnk

You're obsessed with your neighbours. Either move or grow a thicker skin.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The (probably) teenage skeleton that called last night did not look impressed when I tossed a Tesco Value 'Penguin' biscuit into his bucket.

Next year I shall try to remember to put a dummy on the hall floor, have a wire to pull the front door open unseen and another wire to roll the head of the dummy onto the floor. I can trip the close lights remotely too so it all goes completely dark.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Seems to be.

Same here. Them were't days.

If/when I can be bothered to answer the door and they ask 'trick or treat' I usually tell them I'll have a treat. Causes much head scratching and confusion...

Pumpkins are a lot easier to scoop the insides out of!!

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Dip partly cooked sprouts into melted chocolate and, when cooled and hardened, wrap up as Ferrero Rocher. That should see the buggers off.

Reply to
Zhang Dawei

He's a terrible fellow. He's done that on more than one occasion to me! :)

Reply to
Clot

I suspect "local council" would work better. Planners usually take a dim view of individuals erecting their own street furniture.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There she blows ?!?

Reply to
Ash

I can't work out why he thinks he should be able to drive over his neighbours property in the first place.

He would be in real trouble if he moved here as there are restrictive covenants that say you can't park on the road and you can't park anything that doesn't fit in the garage on your drive.

It stops people having monstrosities like mobile homes all over the place.

Reply to
dennis

I have to agree.

Even on the basis of his own description of how he has behaved, he is the neighbour from Hell. I suspect the whole truth would paint an even worse picture.

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel quite sorry for them.

Reply to
Bruce