Re: hypocritical neigbours

You mean a real case of Meet the Fockers .... !?!

Reply to
Ash

I expect that he will be back at school tomorrow.

Reply to
dennis

Nah............Kids are *much* easier to scoop out (After they stop screaming and wriggling that is)

Oh, get a life. Or better still, move somewhere you can live among like-minded people. There must be a suitable sink estate within a reasonable distance. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Lovely idea - saving that one for next year!

Reply to
Steve Walker

dennis@home wibbled on Sunday 01 November 2009 15:30

Sounds horrible - glad I don't live with a covenant like that.

Technically our bit of the road does have a covenant dating from 50 years back: things like no caravans, travelling fairs, no business conducted save that of doctor, solicitor, nurse, midwife, accountant...

In essence "no gypsies"

But we generally ignore it as no one really cares anymore. We're normal reasonable people.

Reply to
Tim W

I was at a party last night that had a fancy dress competition. One guy's daughter is a make-up artiste, and she did him with a rather good white face, blacked out eyes, and some green blotches. He'd just put on the black cape and picked up his axe ready to go to the party when the doorbell rang.

Apparently he got a real scream from one of the kids!

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , ARWadsworth wrote

Snap, yesterday I went down to the pub at 6:30 and watched their firework display at 8:30.

Reply to
Alan

Reasonable people don't go about asking for methods of getting their own back. Reasonable people ask for advice on how to resolve the issues.

Reply to
dennis

In message , Tim W writes

But you just KNOW that dennis is a curtain twitcher

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying something like:

One leads to the other.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying something like:

I suspect you and them would get on, eh Brucie?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It keeps the villagers that live on the otherside of the bypass away though:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Even if I have almost nothing in common with my neighbours, I always make an effort to get on with them. As a result, many former and current neighbours are numbered among my personal friends.

Reply to
Bruce

If you'd been following the thread, you'd know that he asked - and they agreed - long ago.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And then they changed their minds when the OP upset them in someway. Now he want revenge. The OP says its because they think he is a sponger but we only have his word for that. Personally I wouldn't trust a stranger that came along saying he wanted to get even on his neighbour, no more than I would help a stranger in a pub get even on a passerby.

Also he has almost certainly made it very difficult to sell their house if he has parked a big ugly motorhome on his front garden as he says he has. It has probably reduced the price they can get by several thousands.

I would love to see some pictures of what has actually been done by both parties.

Reply to
dennis

The less said about GB's 'pits the better I reckon.

Reply to
Jules

The standard deal here in the US is that you leave the porch light on if you're welcoming T&Ters, and turn it off otherwise. Didn't see any incidents of "foul play" either - oddly, the whole thing seems a lot more civilised than it ever did in the UK.

Reply to
Jules

Maybe - and that's within their right, of course. But from what I remember of the thread, they didn't *tell* him they'd changed their minds, they just stuck a post in the ground such that he could no longer get his vehicle out, even though he would have been happy to do so and sort out alternative storage for it.

*that's* what makes them a bunch of utter fuckwits.
Reply to
Jules

Rhene. Now there is a word I have not seen since living on the edge of the Somerset Levels. Always spelt it Rhyne though.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May