Blowing Neighbours smell away

Our next door neighbours are very heavy smokers and we get a bit fed up with the smell of it.
Wondering if we bought one of those fairly big house fans and placed it on the garden table whether it would make any difference or would be it be a waste of time?

Look on the bright side - they may not live long and your problems will be solved!

Look on the bright side - they may not live long and your problems will be solved!
Thanks. But they are all young and look really healthy.

Just be grateful it's not a barbecue.
--
*Never test the depth of the water with both feet.*

Sometimes a thick hedge between them and you could help. Trees and shrubs are supposed to absorb pollution aren't they? If not, lots of strong smelling stuff on boundary like rosemary, pennyroayl, mint, even curry plants! Sacha and i would recommend Salvia turkestanica :)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

You read my mind, you really did!! That's just what I would suggest. That *and* a fan blowing the 'scent' in their direction! But a thick hedge would help because it would not only baffle some of the smoke, it would force it upwards and away from the OP's nose level!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Must be pretty bad for you to smell the smoke to such a degree!
Bill
On 27/08/2011 09:42, Dave East wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

A smoker by any chance?
Mike

On 27/08/2011 15:44, 'Mike' wrote:

No shit Sherlock

"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it and his health by avoiding passive smoking.
Presumably you are a cancerous vulgarious, otherwise you would appreciate just how abhorrent the putrid stench of second-hand tobacco smoke is to others.
--
Interloper

Thieving bastard. That's smoke that was paid for by someone else.
--
Adam

On 27/08/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:

The sponger probably jumps the queue in hospitals as well.

Actually there are some areas where ground and location mean that the smoke and smell lingers far longer than is normal. You sometimes get in in areas around offices when people are accustomed to smoke . You seem to get a sudden blast of it as you walk through the area. Maybe the OP's garden is such an area.
Cook curry or burn lots of toast is my only other advice:)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Roy Castle, the entertainer.
David
--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
On 27/08/2011 19:01, David Rance wrote:

Nope.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with you then I shall not waste my time with you.
Bon weekend!
David
--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of that lung cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.
--
Adam

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:06:16 +0100, "ARWadsworth"

He believed it himself. That's good enough for me.

I believe that you are a fuckwit. Is that good enough for you?