Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Bonfire woe
Loads of garden rubbish and wood from old sheds, been building bonfire for a couple of weeks, first bonfire at new house. Decided to aid starting with a little bit of petrol. Result: an almighty...
10
10

Butcher Block
I have a house with an oak kitchen island. The main area is (many square feet) ~2 inch thick oak boards. There is also a drying rack with 3/4/ by 3/4 rails. None of those surface areas are used for,...
5
5

hospitals next ....
so thay have found a load of hospitals with combustible cladding.....wonder who will be first to point out hospitals are designed to evacuate horizontaly through a compartment wall ? .... load of good...
16
16

New pcb board
Hi, I've just replaced my pcb board in my glow worm 30cxi combi boiler and all's good and well on the digital display when I use the hot water it states around 6.0 but when I put the central heating...
2
2

Exploding shed
real DIY ;-) A garden shed was destroyed by fire after petrol vapour was ignited by a faulty light fitting.
23
23

OT: They all admit they were wrong eventually.
Allow me (although I'm far from an expert - be interested to see other sources): "47% of UK goods exports went to the EU in 2015, and 53% to the rest of the world. UK goods exports to the EU were...
56
56

What's this connection called, and how do I fix it?
'afternoon. The link following is to a picture of a brass shower and bath mixer with the handle of the hot water tap removed and turned upside down. The axle of the tap mechanism is "serrated" and the...
15
15

OT: French nuclear power
Interesting reading An open letter to French president Emmanuel Macron warned him that closing nuclear power plants would be a step backward for France. If the country wants to build renewables, let...
42
42

[OT] The three Rs
From the BBC: School Standards Minister Nick Gibb said: "Today's results show sustained progress in reading, writing and maths and are a testament to the hard work of teachers and pupils across...
128
128

RSJs, Fensa etc - lack of paperwork
Trying to sell my house, an 1860 cottage which is one of a block originally built for the estate's farmers. I moved in in 1983. 1) New kitchen but installers noted the chimney breast had been removed...
94
94

[OT] In case you were wondering...
...why the Grenfell Tower residents (and the Momentum members who pretend to be them) have been so loud so far: Dianne Abbott, now fully "recovered", during Home Office Question in the Commons...
14
14

PC slowing down
If I did decide to upgrade to an SSD, what bits do I need to replace the original 3.5 SATA drive? I've done it on a laptop, but different HD on those. Luckily the Win7 HD is only about 1/2T. The other...
6
6

Multi tool info
From the Saxton Blades company; -------------------------------------- Important information! Fein and Bosch have joined together and are now selling Multitools with the ?Starlock? fitting. They have...

Tagged AA NiMh cells
My Babyliss clippers have ceased to clip. A quick teardown reveals 3 AA NiMh cells in a pyramid formation wrapper. A replacement in Pyramid formation is quite expensive, but separate cells aren't. Can...
16
16

OT: tower block fire causes for Dave.
An example of what people are like as you appear not to believe me.. Who do you suppose dumps stuff in communal areas on the 22nd floor if not the tenants? A sofa left in a communal area on the 22nd...
22
22