[OT] In case you were wondering...

...why the Grenfell Tower residents (and the Momentum members who pretend to be them) have been so loud so far:
Dianne Abbott, now fully "recovered", during Home Office Question in the Commons yesterday: "...it is time for an immigration amnesty for Grenfell survivors..."
Strange how the BBC, who have seem to dedicate every minute of their news slots to this tragedy, have yet to mentioned this...
JoeJoe brought next idea :

It was suggested days ago (week?) by the police, did you miss it?
On 04/07/2017 11:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I said the BBC, not the police... It was pretty obviously the case straight away when the police said that "some people would be hard to track down" (or something similar). It just doesn't seem to fit into the current BBC agenda, so they don't report it.

they will all be setting fire to their gaffs now ...
On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 11:41:00 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

yes I thought that it's like 'losing' your passport.
Sounds like a side issue to me. I'm not sure she 'gets it' from the point of view of the residents. Brian
--
----- -

Bollocks to that. Stupid cow.
And those illegally subletting are not to be prosecuted. What sort of message does that send out?
--
(\_/)
On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 14:17:35 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

A really stupid one they should be prosecuted and perhaps charge with mansl augher too. I would also assume this subleting was making them a profit qui te a nice little earner, as they have probbely rented a family home to at l east two families, which is probbaly why they might not know how many died in total.

A considerable number of the flats were privately owned. Bought under right to buy - then sold on at a vast profit to private landlords who then charge what the market will stand.
Just what social housing was designed for. To make a profit for the private sector. You just know it makes sense.
--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 15:28:43 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

k>,

Who's idea was right to buy wasn't mine.

Wasn't my idea either I thought you had to keep them for X years before sel ling under the right to buy scheme, but not being elidgle for such a schmem e I never loked into it much.

Remind me who sold off this council housing.
On 04/07/2017 14:16, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Business as usual?

*applause*
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 39th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.
On 04-Jul-17 11:19 AM, JoeJoe wrote:

They stated that neither the Police nor the Home Office would be investigating the immigration status of residents in this article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40471554

Colin Bignell

and.. the date on that page is 2 days before you wrote your complaint.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 05/07/2017 09:23, charles wrote:

But two weeks after it happened...