Subject Author Posted Replies

A DIYers tale.
Shortly after we moved into our last house I was running a network cable into the den. Up into loft from Box room (where the phone socket and router were installed), across loft, down through build in...
5
5

Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1
Merry Christmas one and all. Staying in another house and there is an ancient and dodgy central heating system. The valve is a Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1. It seems to have two functions; an...
21
21

Drilling a hole for an outside socket
Just fitted an outside socket at my friends daughters house. I failed at my first attempt. I then got my mate Dave to double check why the drill bit never entered the kitchen. We both double checked...
32
32

Re: Do switch mode power supplies flicker in time with mains?
Getting back to the subject of the LEDs.... I decided I needed an oscilloscope. Just got one for £19 from China! Little portable thing that runs off a PP3 9V battery. Fairly basic, but it measures up...

OT Seasons greetings!
Merry Christmas all.
6
6

The Great Smart Meter Swindle
Seems there's more to it than has been discussed on here The Great Smart Meter Swindle NT 'Smart' Meters are the biggest scam, scandal, and swindle ever perpetrated on the general public. This video...
70
70

Amplidect 400BT help please
I am having problems setting it up. I seem to have everything working except it does not make calls, receives fine, but when I dial a phone it appears to go ahead but the phone does not ring. Any...
1
1

Vitovalor - Perpetual motion?
Just seen an advert for a Vitovalor hydrogen fuel cell Boiler / generator. Woman was enthusing about how her home is lovely and warm AND they export electric to the grid. Anyone know how these are...
7
7

888*18650+zeroBMS
Well I really did it this time boys, this is what thermal runaway on Tesla 18650 cells look like, remember, safety first and don’t forget to checkout the indiegogo link here!” Campain Link:...
1
1

OT: Reservoir security
How much security is ?normal? at a small rural reservoir? I only ask as I sometime run past this one on a remote country road and it appears to have a rather OTT level of security. perimeter fence...
74
74

what to use to hold bath MDF side panel on?
I'm a big fan of these you will have to have four small stainless screws going through each corner to hold the magnets on to the panel, but you won't really notice them. With MDF you could countersink...
8
8

CH pressure relief valve
When I set the pressure valve on my combi boiler to around 1 to 1.5 bar I get some dripping at the outside pressure relief valve, the pressure will drop to around .25 to .5 over a couple of days and...
3
3

I wanted to thank you.
'Adobe Lightroom' ( the most controlling fetish editing software in compensation photographers, with hundreds of thousands of effects and presets at the ready on the internet. You can download...

OT: Sometimes you just have to laugh...or end up crying
The only unusual thing is that this green crook got caught. Bill
6
6

OT: Watership Down Review
Dodgy CGI animation, rabbits that don't resemble real rabbits, voices that don't sound at all right for their characters, anti-men references, Jewish concentration camp allusions, anti-capitalist...
27
27