Subject Author Posted Replies

Bleaching tableware - ? - !
Having a mug of tea with a mate the other day, I bemoaned the fact that my beautiful mug (on the outside) had acquired brown stains (on the inside) which can't be removed using the normal nylon...
38
38

bus lanes
does the whitew line down a bus lane mean you can't cross it?....we have bus lanes here that only operate during 7.30 am to 10.30 am...after that you can use them and people also park at the kerb in...
42
42

DIY: Homemade garden roller coaster projects
Looking around YouTube, there are a lot of them ... No links, But are they mad?....

Super capacitor Interesting
Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring this video. Check this link: https://skl.sh/tomstanton2 to get your first two months free. Super capacitor plane (Affiliate link):...
17
17

Problem with cordless spotlight
I have a Livarno Lux (Lidl) cordless spotlight - the sort with a large diameter lens at the front, behind which is a powerful halolgen (55w) bulb and a ring of LEDs, and with a white LED and flashing...
12
12

Notre Dame and other high buildings
I realise the risks with sprinklers and the very high cost of their instalations - but surely a simple dry riser to a few strategic jets - fed by water from the fire brigade could be a fast response...
45
45

OT: Idiot quad biker
Just had a near miss with another of these scourges of the road. He had already done an illegal U-turn then at the set of signals with left lane for straight on an right for a right turn, he rocks up...
15
15

Worcester DT20RF Faulty?
Can you wire this in wrongly! It seems our hot water and heating are the other way round. I turn the hot water on and our heating comes on. I turn the heating in and our hot water turns on. Very...
1
1

OT: M50 Toll, outcome
Many thanks for the replies regarding my latest hypertension boost. I failed to get a response from the ripoff thugs at EPC so I got in touch with the Irish motorway toll agents. They were to have...
11
11

Thermometer attachment for mobile phone?
I would like to be able to measure the ambient temperature without carrying a bulky device. Favourite option would be an attachment to a mobile phone. Why? Well, because..... So far I have found this:...
9
9

OT 737 Max Really interesting
This isn’t just a computer bug. It’s a scandal. Join the Video Lab! http://bit.ly/video-lab Two Boeing airplanes have fallen out of the air and crashed in the past six months. On the surface, this...
26
26

old battery types.
Can one still get pp1, pp4 and pp9 batteries by the way? PP1 were six volt press stud, pp4 round but 9 v press stud either end and pp9 big 9v for good portable radios. Also looking for the bijou...
27
27

Battery Eliminator for AVO 8?
Hi All, It?s many a year since my AVO 8 saw active service, but I dug it out the other day and would like to start using it again. But rather than obtaining a 15V battery, I?d like to use a PSU...
9
9

Adjusting Tilt and Turn windows/ doors
Hi All, We had a couple of tilt and turn windows which have never been adjusted properly. I am now trying to finally adjust them and can't see how to do it. All I can see are some small grub screws...
1
1

Grand Designs - The Street
Been watching the latest Grand Designs series - The Street. Some interesting diy builds going on, and of course they all go over budget! What you don't see is that the site is right next to a railway...
7
7