Thermometer attachment for mobile phone?

I would like to be able to measure the ambient temperature without carrying a bulky device.

Favourite option would be an attachment to a mobile phone. Why? Well, because.....

So far I have found this:

which looks the business but is not widely available. Around £28.09 in the UK via eBay.

Does anyone of a similar product? Plugging a sensor into the earphone socket seems a logical design.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Bluetooth? baby thermometer?

I'm assuming it could read something when not attached to a baby.

Adrian Caspersz

Why? What would you want real time data on a phone as it was being carried?

You cannot measure ambient temperature with a phone mounted device, or indeed any transportable device unless you mount it on top of your head, over a very well insulated "hat".

Temperature data loggers are very cheap, I bought quite a few that do temperature and humidity from Ebay, they have better than the claimed accuracy on temperatue and for a pound or two extra, a version with a pt 100 and a metre of cable is available. The thing has an inbuilt sensor and the pt 100 takes over when plugged in.

Temp/ humidity data and alarm functions set and downloaded to a PC, historical data is retrievable using a couple of buttons and an LCD screen. You would get around four in a shirt pocket, although unless you really need to know your nipple temperature a hard hat with an extedable radio aerial would be a useful mount for ambient temperature. It would have the added advantage of informing the general public what class of individual is likely to be lurking underneath.

The baby monitor will only work from July to September at the moment. There is a strong likelyhood that the useable time period will expand considerably though.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Maybe your phone already has a temperature sensor?

Some of the on-board barometers include one, and most of the batteries will have one (though that probably will be a few degrees higher than ambient and won't react quickly to changes)

Install the CPU-Z app and see what it can tell you ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

There are matchbox sized sensors with a thermistor on a couple of feet of wire, as used for acquariums etc. (I have a couple on my boiler pipework). Or did you need a probe? Various small ones suitable for cooking and checking food temperatures in fridge, servery, etc. eBay is your friend.

Reply to
newshound

Looking for something already fully integrated and either audio jack or bluetooth to the mobile phone (android).

Reply to
David

If all you want is a portable thermometer or a body thermometer there are loads of small talking ones sold to the blind. Talk to cobolt. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Isn't the audio jack on the phone output only?

Reply to
Davidm

Attach one of these

to the back of your phone with some double-sided sticky tape.

Reply to
Rob Morley

:-)

Reply to