Adjusting Tilt and Turn windows/ doors

Hi All,

We had a couple of tilt and turn windows which have never been adjusted properly. I am now trying to finally adjust them and can't see how to do it. All I can see are some small grub screws which go into the side of the top and bottom hinges (although the bottom one doesn't seem to have a screw in it!).

One window seems to tilt and turn at the same time. Looking at the fittings it looks like it is because the window needs to be lifts so that the catch hits the receiver. The other window seems to get caught on the bottom edge opposite the hinge.

Anyone have any idea how to adjust these? Online the videos I have found seem to have screws on top of the hinges and allen key fittings connected into the frame to do this but I don't seem to have any.

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

I haven't got any tilt-n-turn, but the grub screws on some uPVC door hinges are rather clever (i.e tricky until you realise how they work) a few turns in one direction act as left/right, then continuing to turn in the same direction they act as in/out ... maybe look what manufacturer's system the frames use?

Reply to
Andy Burns