Subject Author Posted Replies

Newsnight and ventilators.
Slightly more on topic for this group. Newsnight had a bit on ventilator production last night. Including an interesting interview with an actual maker. Who sadly said he'd had little or no contact...
126
126

Distributed computing and covid
I know the nerds here will like this Start folding - Folding@home Start folding - Folding@home
2
2

OT The self employed.
I 'spect the money they are to get from the gov. will be calculated on declared earnings. They'll be regretting these cash in hand jobs the never declared now.
3
3

OT Recycle centres.
They have closed the local recycle centre down. I 'spect we'll have lots of fly tipping now.
4
4

Printer, paper pick up
Samsung laser ML2240 printer. When my stack of A4 gets down to around the last 3 sheets the printer picks up all 3 and jams. So have tried when down to say a dozen sheets refilling and adding the...
18
18

Re: solar panels
Well I have had them from when they first came out. Long since paid for themselves.
5
5

Air brick
Hi . I'm having decking put down , can i put it above the air bricks , thus blocking them underneath. Thanks.
3
3

Skimmed Milk
Sainsbury's and Tesco's have stopped selling it. Anyone know where I can get it. I'm on a low fat diet, hence I want skimmed milk. I can buy normal and semi-skimmed, just not skimmed Would it not have...
148
148

Plod or police?
In Enid Blyton's Noddy books is a policeman, PC Plod, who is genial, public spirited and has a very positive attitude. These are unrecognisable characteristics of the police today, and therefore to...
3
3

Reverse of winter highs - Gridwatch
Just noting that for the last few days we have had a high over a lot of the country, but instead of grey skies and no wind we have blue skies and a lot of wind. Could be the weather front stalled half...
14
14

When can I get a larger-then-usual Yale lock?
The normal common Yale type 77 nightlatch lock is like this: <>or are other makes that are very similar or identical. One of my doors has such a lock, and the '60mm' appears to refer to the distance...
7
7

Water hammer (new washer-dryer)
The new washer-dryer causes fairly loud water hammer every few minutes when drying (I haven't any noticed noise when washing, but it probably only cuts on and off a couple of times over the whole...
27
27

Boomer Plague & Terrified Boomers
I?ve increasingly noticed over the last few days that people ?of a certain age? are absolutely living in fear of Covid-19. On Monday in the Co-Op garage someone sneezed and several Boomers legged it...
66
66

Pressure washers
Does anyone know if Bosch and Karcher components are compatible. We need a new one and Im trying to get away from aKarcher but have lot of Karcher accessories

DIY ploddity?
The plodderies of Brit are notorious for not doing the job for which they are paid, in particular, investigating domestic burglaries, so demonstrating their DIY attitude as to which laws they will...
10
10