OT Recycle centres.

They have closed the local recycle centre down. I 'spect we'll have lots of fly tipping now.

Reply to
harry

Ours is still open, they have said if there are any missed bin collections you'll have to take your own to the tip.

Reply to
Andy Burns

There's been a surge in out of control domestic bonfires I heard on the news this morning !

Reply to
Mark Carver

Our recycling centre has been closed.

Major choices now seem to be watching the back garden disappear under piles of "stuff", burn as much as possible (in a safe and controlled manner) or discreetly dump it in a hedgerow and let the Council sort it out (which sadly seems to be a tradition around here anyway).

I have no idea why they would close waste sites. Restricting access to one or two cars at a time and insisting on social distancing should allow waste disposal to continue in a reasonably safe manner.

Now contemplating chopping up and burning discarded fence panels.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

however, our garden waste was collected this morning ;-)

Reply to
charles