OT Recycle centres.

They have closed the local recycle centre down. I 'spect we'll have lots of fly tipping now.
harry wrote:

Ours is still open, they have said if there are any missed bin collections you'll have to take your own to the tip.
On 26/03/2020 06:50, harry wrote:

There's been a surge in out of control domestic bonfires I heard on the news this morning !
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:38:44 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

Our recycling centre has been closed.
Major choices now seem to be watching the back garden disappear under piles of "stuff", burn as much as possible (in a safe and controlled manner) or discreetly dump it in a hedgerow and let the Council sort it out (which sadly seems to be a tradition around here anyway).
I have no idea why they would close waste sites. Restricting access to one or two cars at a time and insisting on social distancing should allow waste disposal to continue in a reasonably safe manner.
Now contemplating chopping up and burning discarded fence panels.
Cheers
Dave R

however, our garden waste was collected this morning ;-)
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England