Air brick

Hi . I'm having decking put down , can i put it above the air bricks , thus blocking them underneath. Thanks.
I would not expect decking to produce an airtight environment certainly if you have followed expansion gapping in the boards. The whole structure woul d benefit from air circulation and provision needs to made for air drying t o remove damp and prevent mould. So a well designed deck should not prevent ventilation through air bricks. The most likely way an air brick could be blocked is if a joist is fixed to the wall along its length and passes over an air brick, however it is good practice to gap such a joist from the wal l with suitable waterproof spacers.
Richard
Don't forget to make provision to put rat poison down and recover the decaying corpses
On Friday, 27 March 2020 12:31:42 UTC, Cynic wrote:

bad idea