Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Back-up Drive
about a year ago I bought a Seagate USB Back-up drive. I used the Seagate software to create a back-up . I have since used Windows Back-up and I have ended up filling the drive. I am thinking (whilst...
9
9

Pipes and Cables
I had a look at an old factory at the way pipes and cables are run,supported and allows to expand and contract. I compared this with what I expect is done under the roads.where they are also subjected...
1
1

Integral USB Chargers in 13A sockets
Does anyone know if the USB charger is permanently energised (when fitted as part of 13A sockets) or whether it's turned on via a micro switch when the USB plug is inserted (I'm guessing the former)?...
18
18

On topic post- Electric Shower, quick flick of switch OK, normal switching on Low pressure and cold
Hi, my 20 year old Mira shower works fine if I flick the rotary switch as fast as I can, but if I turn it on at a normal speed the water pressure is not enough and the heater does not turn on. I can...
7
7

Replacement lenses for old glasses frames.
Has anyone used any of these companies advertising on the internet to have new lenses fitted to old glasses frames? If so who and what where the results like? I've been wearing glasses full time for...
37
37

Cut the grass. One extreme to another
A month ago If I walked down the garden, water squirted out from under my wellies and up my legs. Today there are huge cracks everywhere and the ground has set like concrete. It needs some feeding and...
35
35

Grrr - inco pad in washing machine. Tips.
I had to Google what this pad is but it sounds like when you leave a tissue in a pocket, although much worse. I'm sure Senior Management has used one of those 'Lint Rollers' when a tissue is left in a...
17
17

The Oddity of Ploddity
There has been generally a good response to the requirement for self-isolation but with the tradition in Britain of cocking a snoop at authoritarian jobsworths is it really necessary now to threaten...
16
16

Confused about face mask designations
I've just unearthed my last few face masks. I've had them several years. They are valved, and printed on the front it says "FFP2 822 EN149 2001 JSP". OK, so I google for FFP2, and I see that all three...
2
2

OT: A postal query.
If you post say a large letter with at least the correct value stamps on it (standard 1st and 2nd, no actual value on them) for the second class cost, is that OK. Or does a machine read a stamp as 1st...
30
30

Lesson learned
I installed some temporary pipe work so SWAMBO could continue to use the washing machine while the kitchen was out of commission using plastic pipe and push fit fittings. After a few months of use...
1
1

How to lift dried brass polish out of crevices
What will loosen decades-old dried brass polish in fine crevices (on a decorative Persian tray)? I've heard suggestions from lemon juice and vinegar to WD-40. Thanks, Daniele
58
58

Oxford vs Imperial Models
This article, if you delve into it, gives an insight into the difference between the Oxford model approach and the Imperial Model. is some ?history?, explaining how the team split, possibly some...
26
26

Got the cat!
Ah, wait until he deposits a fur ball just where you put your foot getting out of bed in the morning. Brings in mortally wounded mice/voles and lets them go for you to find cowering behind/under...
185
185

Swept bend
I have a device (which provides low pressure air flow) that has a male 1" BSP thread on the end ..... this goes into a clearance hole and fastened by a 1" BSP nut. I want to move this out so that it...
6
6