Swept bend

Whats the reward?

Reply to
Jimk

I have a device (which provides low pressure air flow) that has a male

1" BSP thread on the end ..... this goes into a clearance hole and fastened by a 1" BSP nut.

I want to move this out so that it joins via a swept bend something less than 90 degree (70 or 80 would suffice) or 110 degree if looking at the bend angle.

I need 1" BSP parallel male thread on one end and 1" BSp parallel female on the other. something like:

My thought are I take a piece of 28mm copper pipe, bend to suitable radius. On one end solder a 28mm x 1" BSP male endfeed

On the other a 28mm x 1" BSP Female endfeed

Anybody know of a neater way ?

Needs to be copper/brass (not iron)

Reply to
rick

All available but you need to search for bronze, (appearance indistiguishable from brass but more corrosion resistant. Pricey! Eg:-

harry

You could be right but I didn't see anything in the OP post to suggest that bronze was essential instead of brass. Not a marine application, is it?

Reply to
newshound

Something like ???

alan_m

I could probably get away with just 45 degree rather than 90

a 45 degree Male to Female 1" BSP ..... caveat is the male threads must be parallel, on fittings I have found female are parallel, but male are tapered.

Would also accept Stainless.

Reply to
rick

"low pressure air flow" according to the OP

Reply to
Roger Hayter