Lesson learned

BTDTGTTS. where did you get them? Possibly returns from unscrupulous others?

Reply to
Jimk

I installed some temporary pipe work so SWAMBO could continue to use the washing machine while the kitchen was out of commission using plastic pipe and push fit fittings. After a few months of use noticed the valve for the washing machine fill hose was weeping. Turned out the fitting had a piece missing and the o - ring and other components had been inserted the wrong way round. Having used this stuff before, I have tended to cut pipes to length pushed the fittings together without a second thought that they may be wrong and each time it simply worked. So I will be checking them from now even if it slows the job down, lesson learned!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky