Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Well well well...
"The Financial Times gave a front page splash last Friday to the exciting news that Renault are to close a car assembly plant in Spain and move the production of two models to the Nissan site in...
13
13

Why are stairlifts so slow?
37 seconds actually. Bill
48
48

Women and DIY
Just been to see Lou. I knocked down her pantry wall over the weekend (she had a go but I did most it) as per earlier post. 1. She had the skip delivered onto her driveway boxing my car in [1]. 2. She...
22
22

domestic laser printers
I seldom need to print stuff nowadays and long ago decided I would use a local print firm to do any high quality prints of photos etc. as I was fed up with inkjet printers' print heads blocking from...
19
19

Moors fires
Well I was there/passed it on Monday Morning and never noticed it. you can see it from Doncaster. Drone footage has revealed the extent of devastation at a Doncaster beauty spot as the fight to tackle...
2
2

Anyone know anything about treating leather?
I've got an office chair which I bought because it was comfortable, and because I thought the leather would last a long time. I've now found out that the leather is covered with a tenth of a...
15
15

A cautionary tale for saw table users
A cautionary tale! Typed using less than the usual number of fingers. Until an hour ago I had never (in many! years) had a bad kick-back on a saw table. Everyone knows not to stand in-line with the...
11
11

Paint failure
Some south facing exterior timber window frames were painted with Leyland undercoat & gloss topcoat, both oil based. The wood was in sound condition, and the old paint was all stripped off due to its...
8
8

Why is there no flour?
seems are rare as rocking horse sh*t, why?
83
83

Wifi device intermitant connecting
I'm struggling with a device which measures specific gravity, temperature and battery charge - for wine making/brewing. It runs on tiny battery and every so often wakes up, takes an sg measurement...
7
7

Chainsaw issues...
In an effort to eke a bit more life out of my chains on my cheapo lidl chainsaw I bought myself a Stihl 2in1 sharpener. I think either I?ve cocked up the sharpening or there?s another problem. If I?m...
15
15

Twin Headlamps
Ditto on my Alfa Sud. Outers were dipped beam and inners main. Tim
22
22

Re: Karacher
Because you spelt it incorrectly. :-)
2
2

Trying to connect old printer that does not have 2-wqy communicattion
I would like to connect a Canon BJ-10sx to a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop. The printer has a parallel input, for which I have a USB to parallel converter. The converter works fine for another printer...
32
32

Gas hob
Hi ,when I run the hot water tap all four gas hob flames slowly diminish and go out any ideas thanks!
2
2