Subject Author Posted Replies

Flow sensoring ...
With our combi DHW still playing up, I finally pulled the flow sensor apart. It's a plastic impeller with a ring magnet set into a groove. The one I extracted had an incomplete (I am guessing broken...
5
5

External expansion vessel.
On my Vaillant I am guessing they had some sort of rig in the factory that held the expansion vessel in place as they built the rest of the boiler around it. Much like I imagine they built cars around...
6
6

beware amazon sequel
After much persistant rooting around I finally got a chat with a live Amazon employee. Today I got a full refund from the Chinese supplier. Some lucky charity is going to get a good warm winter coat
2
2

How to attach pvc to pvc tube
In the attached image I want to attach the blue tube to the white disc, its not thick enough to accept screws so must use an adhesive, I will be using it to make a small wind vane . (The disc is from...
13
13

Samsung American fridge-freezer tripping RCD
My daughter's Samsung american fridge-freezer is tripping the RCD in her new house. This is happening after it had been standing in our garage for a few months. It doesn't trip the RCD instantly, the...
11
11

Gas fire closure plate
What is the purpose of the 'relief slot' at the bottom of an open-hearth gas fire? I've recently had my chimney swept and noticed that the backplate had no opening at the bottom. I subsequently read...

Firefox spell checker
I had an update issue with my recently bought Win10 system and trying to resolve that issue, I mucked Win10 up completely - which has ended with me doing a clean install. One of the things I had was a...
5
5

Surge protection devices and up to date requirements.
I've been asked to run an eye over a proposed shipping container job at a local pond. The electrical supply will be via an underground 16mm 3 core PVC/SWA from a new service cabinet supplied via...
10
10

Worcester greenstar eco button
I have a Worcester Bosch greenstar 25Si which is approx 6 years old I want the boiler to run in pre heat mode but although I turn the eco button off ( no light on so manual stated that this is pre...

Economy 7 and storage heater supply issue
Why is it that when something important is going to go wrong, its always at the most inconvenient time, no don't answer that its Mr Sod. Now many years back I took advantage of a warm front grant to...
27
27

OT anyone tried the TomTom Go Android app?
I tried the TomTom Go Android app a few months ago and found that it didn't seem capable of searching for a couple of addresses I know exist. I reinstalled it five times and still no joy. I've just...
28
28

Chimney sweeping
My log burning stove doesn?t seem to be drawing as well as it used to. Before we had our chimney lined I used a standard chimney brush and rods but now that it?s got a liner I?m wondering if I ought...
20
20

Anyone need some Bosch Router bits ?
17 assorted new ones as a job lot on the BHF ebay site, located at Leeds. Current bid £28 Mixed Heads for Wooden corner chamfering. Untested - The item has not been turned on and tested. Power Test...
4
4

Moving a boat you're standing on
Can you move a boat while standing on it without touching the water? Consider friction. Think about the same on something with wheels, or a piece of furniture without.
110
110

My project for the Christmas holls.
Have wheels, will travel: DIY eBike Conversion - DIYWiki
18
18