Subject Author Posted Replies

Lidl offers
newshound wrote on 30/12/2021 : 20v is a range, I bought the drill and an SDS a couple of years ago, they work well. We bought the hand blender kit in October, only used it for eggs beating for...
2
2

A slide show display accessible to anyone?
I want to start a gallery (or album?) of photographs that anyone could see via the internet. Ideally the pictures would come up full screen and progress through the sequence by pressing the left/right...
10
10

Induction Hob problem
Our Neff T4543 induction hob has four 'burners' in two pairs, with separate wiring for each pair to facilitate connecting to 2 phases of a 3 phase supply. In our case, they're connected together into...
18
18

Cutting galvanised cable tray?
I'm thinking of using a piece of cable tray to tidy up some of the wiring that runs up the ceiling of the stairs from the cellar. I'll need a piece about 1.6 m long but they all come in 3 m lengths....
10
10

Bathroom extractor fan advice
In 2016 we had an S&P SLTD250SILENT fan installed in the bathroom, wired to the fast side only and connected to the light switch through a Manrose humidity/timer controller. <><>It doesn't seem to be...
14
14

filing / grinding shellac record
Hi All, I want to fit a clock movement to a gramophone record. I will need to open up the hole in the middle just a little?. Shellac is known for being a lot more fragile than vinyl. Would people...
6
6

What Is Unistrut Channel?
The Unistrut channel is made of metal and is folded into a curved, open channel. This gives it a rigid appearance and provides a location for mounting interconnecting components. Typically, unistruts...
3
3

seeing olde-fashioned bottle lampholder adapter, with no pref8itted cable
Hi all you know the adapters that allow you to turn a bottle into a lampholder? Often featured on Blue Peter etc. in the 1970's. I'm after one of these but can only find them with pre-fitted mains...
3
3

DIY cable moling
I?m toying with the idea of moving my car charging point from wall mounted to pole mounted by my driveway. Biggest obstacle is about 4ft of block paving that I?d really rather not lift if I can avoid...
25
25

Alexa - can you murder my child?
Amazon has fixed its voice assistant so that it will not suggest the dangerous “challenge” again.
27
27

rufford ford
What is charged for a tow out of Rufford Ford after flooding engine. There seem to be enough pillocks ot there to make it a nice litle earner
23
23

ON Topic! Roofing felt adhesive
I have a log store whose roof (approx 2000mm by 1200mm) is timber (cedar) covered with heavy-quality, gritted, roofing felt. That felt has now started to crack in places, due to weather extremes. It...
12
12

Returning to UK with a disease.
Is Covid-19 the only disease that a UK citizen might have when abroad which disbars them from returning to the UK?
10
10

OT: It's good to see a happy ending
My Grandaughter was gifted a KCQ E scooter for Christmas.Unknown to me she set a password via her IPhone App.She now cannot remember the password as she did… My Grandaughter was gifted a KCQ E...
2
2

(OT) Latest from Watt Logic on gas supplies and energy prices
sense to me from a quick skim European gas prices ease on the news of significant LNG diversions away from Asia, but lower prices might see those ships turn around again.
13
13