Part required to repair

Australia Made Kenwood chef A703C motor spins ok but only at maximum speed, what part do I need to replace?

Reply to
Alberto

don't give us any key info. That site you're posting from is blocked by most folk here.

Reply to
Animal

Maybe around the year 1967 or so ?

Here's a picture.

You would think the speed control would be crude, considering the age.

There's an actual semiconductor shown here. Apparently a capacitor or a triac failure on the board, causes a speed control failure. You would think whatever is behind the knob could be at fault as well.

The board is called a phase control in honour of the triac (a "lamp dimmer" running a motor).

Paul

Reply to
Paul

uk ebay item 111078195861 sounds hopeful?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The Kenwood I fixed didn't have a Triac..some sort of compressible lump of resistive rubber I think.

The good news is that parts were available from Kenwood and the woman I spoke to knew what I wanted more than I did.

I think the Triac came in in 1976.

Certainly in 1967 we were still using mainly germanium transistors and

50V was a big voltage for semiconductors.

Now I know SCRS and some Triacs were available in the 1960s, but I cant recall them being cheap consumer level devices.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So is it a brushedmotor withe a system like a drill speed controller system then? Most low torque things like fans merely play around with the windings to make the speed different. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

ISTR seeing a kenwood a few years ago that used a centrifugal governor, and that's what I'd expect of a 60s machine. Unless the op shows us what the speed control system is, it's not a very useful question.

Reply to
Animal