Any opinions on these Bosch drill/drivers?

Continuing my search for compact drill/drivers I'm considering spending rather more than I had hoped on these:-

Does anyone here have any experience of these - good or bad?

Reply to
Chris Green

I have this, fairly similar drill:

It's quite often on at around the £60-70 mark, including two batteries.

It's very useful, and does around 90% of what a larger drill would do. The other 10% does require a bigger drill.

Reply to
GB

Not used those specifically, but my general impression of the blue Bosch tools is pretty good. So I would be content with those in place of my Makita.

Reply to
John Rumm

I notice one of them is an impact driver - if that's actually what you want?

Reply to
Murmansk

Yes, having the pair is always handy, drill to make holes driver to put screws in.

Reply to
Chris Green

I've got two of the drill as I use one as a driver, but I also have an impact driver which I find is only really suited to jobs like screwing into fence posts etc - it's a bit "full-on" for everyday use as if you don't watch it the screw will get driven deep into the wood!

Reply to
Murmansk

Yeah but impact isn't just a driver - it rattles too, rather loudly.

Reply to
Rob Morley

This guy wasn't happy with it:

Rob Morley

Don't have those specific drills but I've been running 18v versions of a Bosch Professional drill/driver and also an impact driver for some years. Work well, never let me down and good battery life.

Reply to
John Miller

I bought this set to fit a kitchen as they are smaller and much lighter than my other cordless drills and given the amount of use I had expected they would get I thought they would be easier on the wrists. I wasn't disappointed. They were excellent and exceeded my expectations. Batteries hold up longer than you'd think, given the size and for the vast majority of my drilling/electric screwdriver jobs they are my go to drills. I've even bought the small circular saw that uses the same battery which was perfect for trimming the cabinet end panels. Recommended.

Reply to
Kevin Holohan

I have both the drill driver and the impact drill. I got the impact driver with the various heads, right angle head etc. The drills are excellent but the various heads I seldom use. The impact driver can be useful for large hole saws etc, but i also have an 18v Bosch drill which copes with any havy work. Since getting the 18v version I've never had recourse to the 240v one

Reply to
fred

Thanks. I agree about size and handiness, my 10.8v Titan dill and driver have served me well for many years and I really see no need for

18v drivers with the resulting additional size and weight. That's why I have been looking for similar size/weight replacements.

With a spare battery (i.e. 3 batteries for two tools) and a fast charger even if you do run out of battery it's not a problem.

Reply to
Chris Green

Either his tool is broken/defective from new, or he is not using it right...

It sounds like he was running it with a flat battery - speed was far too slow. The intermittent driving was again not right (or user error).

Reply to
John Rumm