Anyone need some Bosch Router bits ?

17 assorted new ones as a job lot on the BHF ebay site, located at Leeds.

Current bid £28

Andrew

Note they are 8mm shanks, so you will need an alternate collet, and not all 1/4" routers will be able to take them.

(although if your 1/4" machine can use them, 8mm shanks give quite a bit of extra rigidity)

Reply to
John Rumm

ISTR they have a very short shank. I prefer 8mm shank as it substantially stronger then 6.35/1/4" . If my maths is correct the cross section is close to 60% bigger

Reply to
fred

Are they tungsten carbide.? I bought a set of BOsch bits a long time ago but thye were h.s. steel istr

Reply to
fred

Note they are 8mm shanks, so you will need an alternate collet, and not

Yup 8mm does not sound much larger, but it's a substantial increase in strength. It can mean you can run some bigger cutters in a 1/4" class machine that would traditionally need the larger 1/2" platform.

Reply to
John Rumm