Sourcing reinforced rectangular flexible hose

This is for a DC08 foot, which has badly split rectangular hose.

I had hoped it would be easy to source a replacement hose but searches on the likes of eBay haven't been fruitful.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Fredxx

Hmm, how about ?circularising? a bit of it and measuring the diameter and then ?squaring? an appropriate bit of round hose?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Beat me to it! Does it actually have to be accurately square, or would a round hose made elliptical do the job well enough?

Reply to
newshound

Apollo 13 problem:-)

ARW

I didn't originally recognise it as a Dyson part, which is likely to make bodging more difficult. But surely they are quite good for spares?

Reply to
newshound

Use an off cut of electrical 25mm flexible conduit and 'warm' it into shape with hot water ?.

Is flexible conduit available in greater diameter then 25mm ??

Reply to
Andrew

"Suction Hose" is certainly available in 2" and 3" and larger.

Reply to
newshound

Yup. any market stall selling vacuum cleaner spares...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Also eBay. The hose typically used for larger Koi Carp installations has a fairly thin "wall" but the plastic "spring" is strong enough to prevent it collapsing in a vaccuum cleaner too. Being thermoplastic, there might be scope for making it rectangular by warming, although you would need to take care to prevent damaging the "wall".

Reply to
newshound

rectangular wood up the middle and a heat gun and towel to press it into shape,

Or bite the bullet and buy from China

The Natural Philosopher

Suitably sized bit of wood. Wrap with duct tape, sticky side out. Wrap with wire. Wrap with duct tape, sticky side in.

Coarse, but might work?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer