Subject Author Posted Replies

stopping and clearing mould on walls.
For my son so dont know the extent of it, I use bleach on tiled walls however this is a place he rents and the mould is on plasterboard walls so would bleach cause an issue or is there anything...
4
4

OT Elephant et m I-phone.
Bit of light relief! Liveleak.com -
11
11

Pole/post information please
I wish to get a post on which to mount 3 bird tables. Ideally I would also like arms to fit this post, the post should be about 7ft above ground. I have seen an ideal one on a near neighbours property...
29
29

New bolt for lawn shears
I have a perfectly good pair of lawn edging shears but the bolt has sheared . They are Jenks and Cattell and quite a few years old (40+). The bolt look s like a special. it is about 0.25 ins dia, 0.75...
8
8

Oh dear. What do you say when ..
some semi literate bird phones up asks for someone whose name hasn't existed at this address for over 18 years and says "I represents the XYZ green initiative being funded by Barclays who...." ...and...
15
15

OT: who's responsible for a Lifetime Warranty?
I bought a pack of two Kingston-branded SD memory cards from Ebuyer. With little use, less than two years later, the've both failed in the same way: the plastic at one corner has cracked and...
31
31

Ebay refunds?
I offer a certain part for a car, modified to overcome a well known issue. I'm offering the modification as an exchange via the post, at no more than the bare cost of the materials to carry out the...
8
8

Compressed air couplers
I bought an air compressor a few years back (Aldidls), and then fell heir t o a smaller one needing replacement of it's controller. Both are fitted with what seems to be an older style of coupling,...
4
4

OT: Ministers at war over secret wind farm evidence
An official study of the impact of wind farms and renewable energy on the countryside is being suppressed by the department of energy, Coalition sources have disclosed to The Daily Telegraph. Sources...
6
6

Why so cheap?
After my question yesterday about circular saws, I was taking a look at the possibilities, one of which was a bare Makita (BSS611Z), which is £139 at Screwfix. Searching the web, this same item can...
12
12

Aluminium Garage Door - Paint
My neigbour has just had her exterior paintwork done. Her garage door had a few areas showing bare metal. Since painting it on Saturday large blisters have formed in the valleys of the corrugations...
2
2

Private water supply filtration help
Hi y'all, Mah name's Billy Joe Jim-Bob Mary Ellen Walton (mah daddy wanted a cross dresser and stuck with the name even when he got a boy) and ah got me one of they new fangled filtration systems on...

OT weather and pressure
You mean that has a good old weather map with isobars and fronts? The beeb site has that.
25
25

Delivery companies, thumbs up
There are always lots of complaints about delivery companies. I would like to buck the trend and congratulate DPD, who delivered items I had ordered from Amazon. Not only do they get the day right but...
17
17

Zone 2 or not
I have a wall lamp fitting that is above a bathroom sink, but far enough to be clear of zone 2. I was wondering whether it was a) safe and b) allowed to replace the lamp with a fused spur and run both...
7
7