Aluminium Garage Door - Paint

My neigbour has just had her exterior paintwork done. Her garage door had a few areas showing bare metal. Since painting it on Saturday large blisters have formed in the valleys of the corrugations and some have split to reveal bare metal.

I am guessing the remedial action will be to peel off the loosened paint and then apply a suitable primer. Should it be given a wire brushing first to provide a key? (The aluminium is textured)

What primer should be used? She has asked me to 'check out' the remedial actions.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

After spending some time checking out primers for aluminium earlier this year I settled on this

and it did a good job. Available through most decorators merchants.

Reply to
rbel

You need an etch primer, specially made for zinc and aluminium. Then whatever you like.

Reply to
harryagain