Private water supply filtration help

Hi y'all,

Mah name's Billy Joe Jim-Bob Mary Ellen Walton (mah daddy wanted a cross dresser and stuck with the name even when he got a boy) and ah got me one of they new fangled filtration systems on the private well in mah new house. In the garage it's got a pump, a big vertical metal tank about 3 feet high and

9" diameter with the filtration medium in it and an ultra violent lamp which parrently terrifies the microbes into submission after they done come through the filtration medium in the vertical tank.

So anyhoo, after a year or so after moving in the water done started running a tad less clear than afore so I thought ah better fill me the vertical tank again with them white pellets ah done got half a bag left off of by the previous owners.

Ah switched off the pump and took me the top off the tank with the big plastic spanner they left lying atop oh it and unner that wuz a white plastic strainer thingy and that just done pulled straight up and out like it was no big thang. Then I tried pouring them pellets in with a cup thinking I'd need to fill half that tank or more with like a gallon or so of pellets but after a couple of cups it seemed right full and no more would go in. Ah even firkled about with a screwdriver to try and git the pellets down into the tank but it seemed to bottom out and no more would go in.

Now I know they only just fitted that system just afore I bought the house coz it was a condition of sale and all that wuz left of that big sack of pellets like the size of a sack of coal they left me was less than half so ah reckon the other half must be in that tank from the git go. So why caint ah git more an a cup or two oh pellets into a tank that must surely take a couple of gallons or more if it's clear an open right down to the bottom?

Reply to
Dave Baker