Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning electric Flymo with pressure washer - Y/N?
Looking at the years of buildup of crud underneath the 'skirt' of my electric Flymo, I was just wondering whether using a pressure washer to clean it down occasionally would be as potentially...
14
14

repair of crack in window
I have a window that needs to be properly sorted sometime, but there is a about 4cm curved crack near the bottom. Is there some penetrating glue that I can use to fix this crack so it will not run any...
13
13

Making a flap valve
My range hood has a horizontal flap in it that is shut when the fan is not going, and opens upwards when the fan starts. The flap is of course to stop the wind coming in when the fan is not in use....
15
15

OT: Is Russ Andrews branching out?
29
29

Rust active ingredient
I was going to buy some PHOSPHORIC acid for rust on some railings , paint it on then paint it over, Anything else I should do or will this be sufficient for a few years?
6
6

O.T. Tandems and how you pedal them
A friend of mine has taken up tandem riding with people with learning diffi culties. She goes on the front and one of them goes on the back. I had never really thought about it, but was surprised to...
6
6

Re: Bloody amusing customers
Me and an IT bloke spent ages today trying to get a DTT modulator to talk to the laptop. Eventually we discovered that the two ethernet-type sockets had each other's labels (as referred to in the...
1
1

Circular saws
I can see from searching that this has come up a few times over the years but not for a while and products change all the time. I anticipate that I'll soon want to make quite a lot of cuts in sheet...
26
26

Ping Andy Burns
Andy On 2 August you kindly responded to my query concerning an NTE5 connection using CAT5E which indicated a need for 4 data and 2 phone wires as follows: I have just spotted this online which...
4
4

Moving a 200kg rad
Short of getting four of us to manhandle the thing, anyone got any bright ideas to move a 200kg radiator like this one: I did think of a couple of sack trucks, one at each end, but I think it'll bend...
28
28

7/32" BSW screw
Following up from my previous thread. I am going to try and tap a 7/32" BSW countersunk screw 10 mm long I have found the following dies: '7/32 BSW dies' ( 'Rotagrip - 04) 7/32 x 24 BSW HSS Die 13/16"...
7
7

Tap and Die set
I got this metric tap and die set: 'Laser 4554 Metric Tap & Die Set 110pc: Car & Motorbike' ( I have not yet used it, but I don't feel that the quality is that good. Can someone point me to a good...
1
1

Oil drum incererator design
Wanting to make one of these for myself to burn garden waste and household rubbish and maybe in time to make something to heat the garage in winter. Came across this web site with design details for a...
19
19

Tap and Die for thread repair
I have a Waterfront brass paper holder C240 in antique gold, cost new 160 'Paper Holder - C240 | Waterfront Designer Bathrooms' ( with a worn out thread in the screwed union inside the ball between...
14
14

where do i buy a gorilla ladder in the UK
Hi Looking to buy a gorilla A frame ladder in the UK the closer to London the better, cant find one anywhere on line
2
2