Compressed air couplers

I bought an air compressor a few years back (Aldidls), and then fell heir t o a smaller one needing replacement of it's controller.

Both are fitted with what seems to be an older style of coupling, and all m y hoses and guns, etc. are too.

The output coupling on the small compressor needs replacing - not locking o ff nor gripping the hose connector properly. I'm having difficulty identif ying on Ebay the type of connections I have as they all seem to be the long er nosed plug-in connector type either called PCL or perhaps 'Quick'. I do have one or two male and female bits of this type so can see the differenc e.

Has the 'shorter' nosed variety disappeared and am I going to have to chang e over?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I got one of those Aldidl (I like that...) compressors, too. First thing I did was buy some PCL connectors and swap over.

Reply to
Adrian

to a smaller one needing replacement of it's controller.

my hoses and guns, etc. are too.

off nor gripping the hose connector properly. I'm having difficulty ident ifying on Ebay the type of connections I have as they all seem to be the lo nger nosed plug-in connector type either called PCL or perhaps 'Quick'. I do have one or two male and female bits of this type so can see the differe nce.

First hit on ebay for air line

PCL males will fit short female at a push, find the short variety commonly as Am Tech /Rolson/ Hilka style sunday market style brands an places

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

robgraham was thinking very hard :

I was faced with the same problem, but found a chain of air, hydraulic and etc. fitting company which can supply the correct parts. Machinemart do not stock them BTW, nor do Thorite (new name?).

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The long nosed 'PCL' ones are a British design, the short nosed ones more common in Europe. Farnell and RS stock them

Reply to
The Other Mike