Subject Author Posted Replies

Aqualisa Aquatique concealed shower
I am having trouble fitting a new cartridge in my Aqualisa Aquatique Concealed shower. Mangaged to refit the cartridge (fitting the “O” ring was a nightmare) but now having trouble with the...

Opening up a PVR remote controller
The remote controller for my Humax HDR-FOX T2 PVR was getting very 'iffy', especially the much-used OK button, so I got a fully-functional and programmable genuine replacement, which works fine and as...
26
26

TOT passwords
Today I had proposed password being rejected as suitable because it had 3 consecutive (horizontal) letters on a qwerty keyboard anywhere in the password ("qwe" or "wer" etc. ). This was in a strong...
10
10

Glass Shower screen plastic hinges
Hi, I have a glass shower screen with plastic hinges, one of which has broken. Can replacements be bought or is it s new screen needed? Like this:...
2
2

Warm roof cold roof
My little semi is in need of extra roof insulation. It is a small loft as the roof is coomed/scillion ceilings upstairs, so the sloping part of the ceiling (25% of the area), will have to be done...
8
8

haaaaaa
Watch on TV: Freeview 236, Sky 515, Virgin 626 Listen on DAB+ Radio Download the GB News App to watch live wherever you are, catch up with all our shows and get the latest news from the GBN family....
8
8

OT: question about satnav
Is the journey time on a satnav based on (a) a test drive of the route, (b) an assumption about average speeds or (c) the speed limit. The reason I ask is that I was driving on a motorway then dual...
13
13

cool knob
opensource smart knob. demonstration <>and making of <> Introducing the SmartKnob View: an open-source input device with software-configurable endstops, virtual detents, haptic touch feedback, and a...
6
6

volt
Red Kites. According to the BBC we are saving the failing population in Spain by sending them batches of 30 to invigorate their declining numbers. Does it ever occur to the birders that a species may...
20
20

Storing cut-glass wine glasses, tumblers etc
I am planning the design of a storage unit to sit along one side of my lounge. It will be 2M long and be divided into small sections. A couple of them about 380mm in width I hope to use to store the...
6
6

OT: leaving food sitting out
I've made a chili and I'm going to find a suitable container, put it in the fridge, clean the pan, heat it up again tomorrow, clean the pan again as well as the fridge container... I can't help but...
29
29

Shocking electrics
(pun intended) I'm changing the living room light switch and budging it to one side slightly so needed to remove the back box. Tucked away behind are a pair of earths, I wondered why they were not...
17
17

Re-using an old Air/Air heat pump
There’s a building near me awaiting demolition that has a Mitsubishi “Mr Slim” heat pump with “R410A Power inverter” printed on it. I rather suspect it’ll go for scrap so I’m wondering...
14
14

The Rich World’s Climate Hypocrisy
The Rich World’s Climate Hypocrisy By Bjorn Lomborg, June 20, 2022, WSJ The developed world’s response to the global energy crisis has put its hypocritical attitude toward fossil fuels on display....
1
1

OT Can people not do mental arithmetic or use a calculator any more?
"Some Asda shoppers are asking cashiers to stop scanning items when the till total hits £30 as they try to cut costs, the supermarket's chairman says." know lots of people are suffering - I have made...
266
266