Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Putting in an offer for a house
Maybe I'm being paranoid but it's 38 years since we moved in here and I'm not au fait with modern practices. I believe the estate agent has a legal responsibility to pass on to the vendor any and all...
13
13

Price of bread at Lidl - why discount it?
I've just been in Lidl doing some food shopping. On my list was bread and I usually buy a Warmburtons Toasty, to put in two slice bags, in the freezer - defrosting as needed, because I don't eat much....
11
11

Central heating weirdness
Vented system - there's some sort of debris in the circuit[1]; it periodically (every half hour or so) rattles and causes pumping over as it goes through the pump and into the water cylinder heating...
6
6

Phone Bills!
I have just spent over half an hour trying to diascover why my monthly landline bills shot up first by 50% and then by 120% in two months! It is TalkTalk. Their website is les than heklpful and their...
10
10

Breaking news!
My basic *no frills* mobile phone has been upgraded to a 4g capable Nokia 110. Falling off your chairs laughing is not helpful. Judging by the level of complex queries found on my search engine, the...
34
34

After 4 years....
...My (samsung) mobile phone battery puffed, split the phone case in half and has had to be replaced. Is this par for the course?
27
27

Computer printable labels
I bought a box of Avery labels about 11 years ago. I finished them all a week ago. I wanted to buy a just few sheets as I am no longer a heavy user. All I can find are complete boxes. There is hole in...
9
9

Gas lift
I am planning to build a floor standing storage unit 71cm high. In part of it there will be a lift-up lid so that items can be stored beneath it. I want to push it to open and then have hydraulic...
4
4

Authentication.
Bought something online - about 500 quid - from a pretty large well known company. Filled in all the usual details. On the PC. Paid by Barclaycard. Said it needed authentication and gave me a choice...
28
28

Tyres. Do old tires with plenty of thread left increase risks?
Was blowing up a tyre on the old Rover today. Annoying, as I've just had the alloy wheels stripped and powder coated, due to corrosion on the rims letting air out. A neighbour stopped to chat - and...
26
26

Diesel fuel injectors - Need to replace?
I have a 9 year old diesel VW Jetta which has only done 25,000 miles. One of the injectors failed recently when it was on the M40, and was changed by the AA. How likely are the other injectors to...
11
11

Talking of funny things
A couple of months back some people got sent a plain text file of a comparative review of hearing aids, and it was fine except for the dyslexic typist who all the way through referred to them as...
9
9

Anyone experienced combining earbuds as hearing aid and music player?
I like the one use and have recently developed a need for the other.
9
9

TOT safety
I walked through a local park today. Having climbed a very steep and long flight of stairs without my Sherpa guide and no hand rails I came across a (wheelchair) ramp that over a length of around two...
4
4

OT: 'Phone call today
"Good afternoon, this is Affinity Water. Am I speaking to Mr. S.?" "Yes, that's me". "To confirm your identity, please state the first line of your address". "You tell me what you think it is, and...
26
26