Rigid Foam PVC Sheet

I want to form plastic sheet iaround 2mm - 3mm thickness into a square cross section of 5" x 5" by making making 3 right angle bends using a strip heater.

Can I do this with "rigid foam PVC sheet"? Am I correct in thinking that PVC foam sheet is a sandwich of some type foam between two thin PVC skins? And would it delaminate when heated?

Reply to
Bazza

I have done some model making with artboard - foam sandwiched between two sheets of paper. To make a bend I just score it with a blunt object ( a pen cap say) and that works nicely.

I suspect a strip heater is overkill for the job, but maybe experiment on some offcuts, and find what works?

Reply to
GB

The stuff you describe is typically all PVC. A strip heater ought to work, if thin enough scoring also.

Reply to
Animal