cool knob

opensource smart knob.

demonstration

and making of

Andy Burns

Very clever. I was expecting something far ruder though. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I knew someone would comment. I had a friend from overseas, who was puzzled as to why we thought 'chilly willy' was funny.

Reply to
Scott

Love Mist

But add the word penis to it before googling or you just get a crappy flower

Reply to
ARW

Yes, or indeed something like that clever idea on Tandy radio tuners back in the 70s where grabbing the knob turned off the afc, and put it back on when you were at the station on FM. I seem to recall Phillips on their upper range of music centres had a similar idea, but it also changed the colour of the dial when it was locked on. There were a lot of gimmicks like that around at the time, some more useful than others. What for example was the point in a strobe on a turntable which was crystal controlled and had a load sensor. answer, not a lot except it looked pretty.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

self promotion. It also reminds you when you've set the speed off, pretty useful for a dj.

Reply to
Animal

Nice, but I guess an attempt to include any of that in a commercial product, ye will be soon jumped on by a bunch of patent holders including Apple, Nintendo, Sony and all :-(

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz