Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice bit of DIY
Went to Screwfix this morning at 7.30am It's a Sunday. FFS.
3
3

Wasps nest under Xmas tree
In January, SWMBO always plants the Xmas tree back out into the garden (it has roots). This year it looked to be doing well after replanting, new green stuff appearing. In the last couple of weeks we...
4
4

Report Rings Alarm of Plummeting Plankton Population, Threatening Ocean Life and Beyond
Report Rings Alarm of Plummeting Plankton Population, Threatening Ocean Life and Beyond (Beyond Pesticides, July 22, 2022) A preliminary report on two years of water sampling from sites in the...

power cut
is it normal to have more power cuts when you live in a shanty town with overhead power lines?...during very hot weather
27
27

new driving licence
just got my application for my new licence to replace my paper one issued when the wee red book went.....I remember looking at it and thinking October 2022 ?...I'll be dead by then........and we will...
18
18

Is it just me or has AliExpress deteriorated a lot recently?
I have just been searching for stuff (pond pumps among other things) on AliExpress and it seems broken in lots of ways. It used to work pretty well for me but now it feels like they have tried to make...
8
8

Strap Wrench
I need to remove a pressure gauge of a water pump we have. The diameter is 53mm. Strap wrench I have will not grip something small. Any sugestions ?
17
17

Lithium Ion battery state of charge
So, if someone gave you a battery and asked how much charge is left, can you buy a meter that does this?
18
18

Aldi active energy battery
I have a drill and impact driver with a 20/40V 5.Ah battery that has had little use. I am very pleased with the drill and driver which replaced ryobi nimh powered ones that I had re celled already...
8
8

Optimal heating times for central heating system operation
News about the ever-spiraling energy costs prompted me to wonder: is there any data available about optimal length-of-time,time of day operation of a central heating system purely to keep the house...
17
17

OT (but science ...)
Making a cup of coffee for myself, and tea for SWMBO, I was intrigued that when stirring it sounded like the pitch of the teaspoon tinkling the cup was rising in my coffee as the milk dispersed but...
46
46

Thunderbird filters
I would seem to have got Thunderbird installed and working, plus I think I like what I see, but I am struggling with use of the filters... I am filtering Rod Speed out, on his email address (plus...
4
4

Looking for replacement for my Titan 10.8v cordless
My hard-worked Titan 10.8v cordless drill has a faulty switch, I've ordered a replacement (from China) but meanwhile I'm looking for a replacement/spare. There's not a lot available at the same sort...
2
2

OT Electrical Summer Holiday job
Swapping two crap DBs in a school. What wanker designed this? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/4b/DBSwap.jpg http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/4b/DBSwap.jpg