Looking for replacement for my Titan 10.8v cordless

My hard-worked Titan 10.8v cordless drill has a faulty switch, I've ordered a replacement (from China) but meanwhile I'm looking for a replacement/spare.

There's not a lot available at the same sort of price level. Requirements are:-

'Slim' handle, no big battery lump at the end

Locking gear drive so can loosen/tighten chuck with one hand, *not* a 'two handed' keyless chuck.

Reasonable price (<50 quid)

Ideally two batteries

The most difficult of the above is the 'locking' drive, absolutely vital as far as I'm concerned. The Titan drill has this and I'd never go back to an 'olf fashioned' two-ring keyless chuck now.

I have seen some 12v drills in the 'slim' format, they'd be fine if they fulfil the other requirements. So far the only candidate I've found is the Silverline 521457.

(The Titan was a bundle - drill + impact driver at about 80 quid)

Reply to
Chris Green

"spindle lock", that's the word I was looking for! :-)

Searching on, anyone have any opinions on Trotec tools?

Reply to
Chris Green

I've been looking at drill-drivers a bit. Most on Ebay are combis; one that I liked has disappeared! in the search below there's a non-combi near the top. I like short drills - some are rather long. My Bosch 10.8V is short but emitted magic smoke.

|Battery%2520Charger&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000|1500&_nkw=12+volt+drill&_sacat=631&Battery%2520Included=Yes&Voltage=10%252E8%2520V|12%2520V&_sop=2&Motor%2520Type=Brushed|!&_blrs=recall_filtering&LH_FS=1&_udlo=15&_udhi=35&rt=nc&_pgn=1

Reply to
PeterC