Subject Author Posted Replies

ATX power supply.
The CX430M includes the same number of both. Since it's modular, you just use the right cable.
52
52

Moss V pool chemicals
Just reading in previous post about Pool chemical to keep algae away. Could this be used to treat paving slabs of moss. It is not moss that is evident but more a green colour (early stages) to the...
6
6

Stihl Jetwash RE128+
I turned the motor on without the water on. By the time I got to the tap the motor stopped. Now will not run. Is there a motor reset button? How do I get to it?

Hover mower not cutting smoothly and leaving clumps
I have a Flymo Hover Compact 350 mower which is not cutting as well as it used to: it tends to leave clumps and sometimes I have to go over the same patch a couple of times because initially it bends...
18
18

fixing metal back box in stud wall
Hello, What is the best way to fit a metal back box to a stud wall? I know I could use a dry lining box, but a metal box screwed in, just seems more secure imho. Should the box have pre-drilled holes...
42
42

old music cds
HAre old music CDs and tapes of use to anyone? Or will I just bin thelot ?
5
5

Lighting in wardrobes....
I have a built-in wardrobe set that I want to illuminate inside with some mains powered led lights. Within the wardrobe there's a double socket... Thinking spur off the socket to a fcu then upto...
16
16

Laminate Flooring edging?
I've put down cheap laminate flooring without removing skirting so there's a gap. Please is there a better cheaper way to get wood quadrants or MDF or someth ing else paying a lot less than £2.50 a...
8
8

Decking., a flight of fancy...
So a mate says to me, I can get a load of used decking... any use to you? Never being one to turn down free construction kits, all I needed was something to build. From decking to "portable" steps,...
17
17

How do you pay in a cheque by post?
Odd question, isn't it. Got an income tax refund in the form of a cheque. Sent it off - as I've done for many years - by post to my bank (Barclays) branch with paying in slip. Came back as address...
68
68

Wills and executors - the outcome..
Hi, With help from Just an update on the earlier thread... The (2x) solicitors have agreed to renounce their involvement as joint executors along side me. I will now become the sole executor, but...
11
11

Seen this second ...
3 lads, hi-viz'd up to the nines (with ear defenders) going along the kerb/road corner in our *cul-de-sac* scraping the weeds out. Preventative maintenance ? Or does a VIP live at the bottom ? Might...
7
7

Windows to linux - was part of Slow Windows
Thought I'd start this in a new thread as the old one is getting a bit large. So want to try Linux on old Toshiba laptop with Pentium 4 and 2 GB. It has been said to be very simple so I've followed...
57
57

OT. One for ARW
13
13

Papering
Popped into Wilkinsons today for one of these; The best wall paper trimmer I have ever used. However, spotted one of these; I've always used a brush in the past, but I thought I'd give it a try for...
10
10