Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet flush problem
Not that old Dual flush toilet. After flushing it continues to dribble water into the pan such that the cistern doesn't fill. A second push of the button generally cures it. Any ideas how to resolve...
12
12

Home Security Electric Fence
Hi people, Following a near death experience at the hands of an illegal immigrant and his gang who suddenly tipped out of the back of a lorry just north of J9 of the M3 in Hampshire (clearly they're...
41
41

Elec wiring
Following on from my previous post in trying to find the main feed to these lights. I have linked a pic, edited to make it smaller but shows the layout, and the green lines are my non electrical...
5
5

Shower cubicle fixing for glass fron panels
Helping to refurbish (clean and paint) a house at the moment. It has a shower cubicle in the front bedroom. The cubicle looks like an expensive bit of kit, but possibly badly fitted. This would fit in...
5
5

Ping F - Vulcan Bomber last flight
send me an email. You can set up a temp email for all I care if you want to stay anonymous - and if we do speak via a phone you will only get the PAYG phone no I use for the mistress.

OT Ping TNP UK daily energy use in Hiroshima-bomb equivalents. Reality check.
I was talking to a slightly green but otherwise intelligent friend about the problems of replacing conventional power generation by renewables. I wanted to bring home to him the scale of the...
14
14

Building a lean-to / veranda - advice for a complete newbie
Hi, I've not posted here before but it looks like a well established group so I 'm hoping I can get some help. I've managed to avoid DIY most of my life but I can put a fence post in and replace a...
5
5

PTFE etc adhesive
I need some glue that'll work on the range of hard plastics that most glues exclude. Will be near a Screwfix tomorrow (and haven't found anything which stood out on their website).
24
24

Unstable voltage supply - affecting lighting.
Hi, I have had lighting installed in my flat. Although my fitter is still bein g helpful he is running out of ideas. The lighting is all led controlled using rako rdl250c units: The problem I have is...
21
21

OT local freegler giving away oscilloscopes & stuff
Apologies if this stuff is all crepe (knowing six fifths of nowt about the non-PC items) but if anyone wants to try for anything give me your PE for the geezers name and number. He's in north...
4
4

Ceiling cladding.
I've seen some white ash ceiling cladding that looks nice. But is it just the same as laminate flooring? If it's that heavy, how do you keep it up? Or is it a lighter product? Is it even a good idea?...

currys nightmare
How long do they expect me to stand here? http://i58.tinypic.com/25jz12b.jpg/IMG
3
3

Painting drywall
I have to paint a fair amount of drywall. I believe a diluted coat of emulsion serves to seal before top coat(s) However I have seen dilutions from 1:10 through 1:1 to 70:30 water:paint. Has anyone...
5
5

OTish - network permissions issue
I am being driven completely nuts by a weird network permissions problem and wonder whether anyone here could help. I'm really at the limit of my 'expertise' here. I have a NAS at home (Netgear...
25
25

Adhesive
I know this has been covered (currently *tile hall thread*) but... Elderly David Brown tractor fitted with Q cab and hence sound reducing lining. The lining is a flexible sandwich of Elephant hide...
14
14