Laminate Flooring edging?

I've put down cheap laminate flooring without removing skirting so there's a gap.

Please is there a better cheaper way to get wood quadrants or MDF or someth ing else paying a lot less than £2.50 a meter?

Wickes Beech Effect Flooring Trim 2m £4.99

[G]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Please is there a better cheaper way to get wood quadrants or MDF or something else paying a lot less than ?2.50 a meter?

Wickes Beech Effect Flooring Trim 2m ?4.99

I had a load of ?2.50 stuff left over from my house was done up. I've been stirring up tins of paint with chopped off lengths of it. Shit!!!! Buy the ?2.50 stuff and a small tin of wood stain. Use a bit of rag to stain the wood as I did. Dead easy and dead quick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Too late, I'm afraid - the damage is done!

You can't hope to make a decent job unless you remove the skirting and then put it back to cover the gap. Anything else looks naff!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Router 100 pounds? router bit 15 pounds? wood ???pounds.?

Reply to
F Murtz

Agreed. A few years ago I did my entrance hall and cloakroom with quadrants. It irritated me so much that a few months later I ripped it up and redid it, removing the skirtings first.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Agreed - but it does take the job to another dimension.

FWIW, I did put a hefty bead of caulk in the gap on the starting 'straight' side of a hallway run. It was supposed to be just to seal drafts, but I've not seen the need to add the edging tat.

Reply to
RJH

I agree. But, not a job I fancy.

Reply to
RayL12

RayL12 wrote in news:mpvnq3$9pp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Buiders were never subtle in their use of fixings for skirtings.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Same stuff as wickes, but nearly a quid a metre instead

bit better?

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman