Seen this second ...

3 lads, hi-viz'd up to the nines (with ear defenders) going along the kerb/road corner in our *cul-de-sac* scraping the weeds out.

Preventative maintenance ? Or does a VIP live at the bottom ? Might explain why we were resurfaced (and a bloody good job they did too) last year, while you could lose a small child in the pothole on the main road.

We were also one of the first roads in the city to get LED lighting - 4 years ago.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jethro_uk scribbled

Nothing new there

Weeds We aim to keep the following weed free: Perimeters of buildings Shrub and rose beds The base of hedges that belong to Sheffield Homes Channels and edges of roads and footpaths Obstacles in verges and along the bottom of railings

Weed spraying is done 3 times a year: Late Spring Mid-Summer Late Summer to Autumn

Jonno

Community service?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nah crims casing the joints...

Fetching coat

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Eyeing up the area for their next target:-)

Reply to
ARW

Nice one.

Better than mine - but mine was not a joke.

Reply to
ARW

I know when that's done around me, because a shadow of dead grass usually appears on my lawn afterwards where the spray went past my gatepost. I saw them doing it once - a couple on quad bikes going up the pavements on each side of the road, and the spray going everywhere as the bikes bounced around.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel scribbled

Having grown up in the country, I lost count of the number of times I was sprayed by all kinds as a kid. Now they're supposed to be bloody sight more careful with pesticides, so I'd make a complaint. They're either using too much pressure and/or not setting the spray heads close enough to the ground.

They do it manually here and expect the sprayers to be properly qualified.

Reply to
Jonno