Subject Author Posted Replies

VW emissions stuff
I've seen a fair bit on this ng about the recent VW farrago. They have put their hands up, but had little option imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this doesn't eventually bring the company down....
6
6

Genset Battery
So you have a small open frame genset with 12 V electric start. Said genset has a 12 V battery charging abilty. Would you expect it to charge its own battery when running?
12
12

Animal shelter advice
I was hoping you could give me some advice. I have noticed for sometime the re are many feral stray cats roaming around my area. My neighbour who lives a field away killed a cat with antifreeze. He is...
8
8

Corrugated roofing sheets
Good evening folks, perhaps I am being lazy but Google is not my friend tonight. A friend wants to extend the roof of her horse stable rearwards. Stable is
6
6

OT: Wind power now cheapest energy in GB & DE
I'm posting this here as I know there a few people on this ng with knowledge of this topic. This sounds like renewables are making big inroads, but is it as good as it sounds? I don't have any axe to...
7
7

Boiler de jour
What's the uk.diy recommendation for combi boilers these days? Replacing a stupid French thing (Britony SE) that keeps randomly locking out on PCB errors. I replaced the PCB and it did about 8 months...
13
13

In the clear
It would seem that our 13 reg Golf tdi Bluemotion is in the clear. A bit surprised by that to be honest. Maybe it's the higher powered variants that are affected? Tim
18
18

Typical B&Q
'When he was there buying the saw he queried the price he was being charged for it as it didn't correspond with the price on the display,' Mr Mousley said. The 16-year-old's disappearance in February...
3
3

Black expanding foam
At last. A d-i-y thread:-) Has anyone come across building grade gun or can expanding foam in black? My house is partly clad in black painted feather edge board nailed to vertical battens. Poor...
9
9

VW recall
Why would anyone take their VW in to have the software changed so you have a higher rating and so pay more Road Tax?
87
87

VW. Some news at last!
"VW expects to start a recall of cars affected by its emissions scandal in January, the car giant's new chief executive, Matthias Mueller, has said. All affected cars will be fixed by the end of 2020,...
66
66

Flat roof repair
This is a flat roof of a house extension ~ 23sqm Roofer is quoting to re-felt (boards are ok) but I'm wondering about these newer materials such as the Firestone Rubber Roofing Membrane or others. Any...
8
8

Dodgy diesel-heads to the bridge please
There have been lots of articles on the fact that a gadget has been installed that cheats exhaust emissions when detecting if the vehicle is on a rolling road. So the questions are :- how does it...
28
28

Are Yahoo groups delaying Gmail post?
Hi all, I am using a Desktop computer using Win 10. Using my Gmail address to post to a Yahoo group, message shows in the group post list, at the Yahoo group page, other members get it and if they...
3
3

OT: Screwfix carrier bag
Just popped to Screwfix to pick up my online order. The order had kindly been picked and bagged up. I was halfway out of the door before the guy realised he had to charge me for the bag. He insisted I...
106
106