VW emissions stuff

I've seen a fair bit on this ng about the recent VW farrago. They have put their hands up, but had little option imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this doesn't eventually bring the company down. Now of course huge amounts of time and money will be spent in finding persons to blame and possibly prosecute. Another get-rich-quick scheme for others perhaps.

I very much doubt that VW are the only vehicle manufacturer which has used such devices. Also I wonder why there is no (obvious) attention being paid to other manufacturers. My suspicion is that, even as I scribble, there will be much sweeping from under carpets and shredding of documents.

What will this all come to in 1, 2, 5 or 10 years time- nothing. Except more cost to the motorist.

Reply to
Nick

Why don't VW just tell America to sod off?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

They might want to sell some more vehicles there.

Reply to
Davey

But the amount they're due in fines would take several decades to recoup in sales. Best just to sell them to the more civilised countries from now on and let the yanks use their own unreliable gas guzzling s**te.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Mercedes have been very quiet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

good silencers

Reply to
critcher

(Unsurprisingly) 16 manufacturers vehicles fail the tests "on the road" rather than "in the lab", so at what point do they switch to blaming inadequate testing? Or just accept that they can't really legislate emissions away ...

Reply to
Andy Burns